Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
coolrajiv

Mobile Handset Users Unsatisfied

Source - http://www.techtree.com/India/News/Mobile_...-83911-615.html

Mobile Handset Users Unsatisfied

A study on the India Mobile Handset Usage and Satisfaction 2007 by International Data Corporation (IDC) revealed that the overall satisfaction score of mobile handset users has declined for the first time in 3 years.

Three companies that managed to remain above the industry average (in order of user satisfaction) are Sony Ericsson, Motorola, and Nokia.

Motorola has also emerged as the most improved brand on satisfaction consistently over the last 3 years.

Meanwhile, mobile handset users opine that mobile phones have become easier to use.

Also, phones now have better voice clarity and longer battery life. Therefore, the satisfaction on these 3 parameters has increased as compared to 2006 and 2005.

However, there are 2 parameters on which satisfaction has come down significantly: internal memory and entertainment.

The IDC study pointed out that 3 main entertainment features -- integrated digital camera, music player, and stereo FM radio -- typically drive users to upgrade their handsets. These features have been available in mid- and high-end handsets; but now, there's a demand for these features in even the more affordable handsets.

According to Shailendra Gupta, senior manager (Consumer Research) of IDC India, the average price paid for the current handset by the typical Indian mobile user is Rs.3,700. And the "incremental spend" for the next handset is roughly Rs.3,200, which means that the user is willing to spend Rs.6,900 for their next handset. Significantly, this price point has declined in the past 3 years.

The study indicates that typically, a mobile handset is used for 56 minutes a day for voice communication -- an increase of 5 minutes over the 51 minutes per day a year ago.

In addition, SMS usage has continued to increase in last 3 years. Today, the average SMS user sends 8 SMSes a day. This overall increase in SMS usage can be attributed to tariff charges and widespread usage of SMS by TV shows' public opinion polls -- which has been increasing year-on-year.

Another nail in nokia's coffin.....

well i was in a time willing to go for nokia that i wanted to see that what actually makes nokia the numero uno . . .but after using 2865 i have agreed that all number ones are really not number ones! . .i will never ever purchase a nokia again! . . . bad quality thats it!

^^^

My dear friends, "ALL THAT GLITTERS, IS NOT GOLD".

Regards.