Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kesav

Trai Slaps Idea Cellular For Irregularities

TRAI issues Direction to M/s Idea Cellular Ltd. on refund of the charges for value added service provided through tele-calling where the customers have denied or disputed having given their consent.

New Delhi, 30th October, 2007: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) today directed M/s Idea Cellular Ltd. to refund to all consumers, within fifteen days, the charges levied for value added services marketed through tele-calling, where the consumers denied or disputed having given their consent for activation of value added services.

source :: http://www.trai.gov.in/trai/upload/PressRe...30oct07no93.pdf

Kudos to TRAI :(:clap::clap:

Edited by kesav

Same thing should Happen to Bharti and Reliance

My 2 Phone from Reliance one from Bharti is automatically activated for Caller Tunes

^^^

My dear Hetal, why to forget Vodafone, the biggest looter. Actually Vodafone's name must apear on the top of this list. Last month they started SMS pack on my postpaid number before my consent. And I got the waiver from them in my current month's bill. But what will happed to those who didn't get the waiver till date.

Regards.

In addition to Idea Cellular slapping, TRAI has whipped all operators to fall in line with its directive.

As citizens be aware of your rights regarding subscribing and unsubscribing value added services.

TRAI directs Access Service Providers on provision of Value Added Services for enhanced transparency with regard to explicit consent and unsubscribing.

source :: http://www.trai.gov.in/trai/upload/PressRe...30oct07no92.pdf