Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
weirdo

Gps Disabled On Bb 8830 World Edition

The only way to learn is the hard way.

I bought the BB 8830 from Reliance, only to find that they have severely crippled the features.

BB 8830 has a SIRF chipset for receiving GPS signals from the Satellites.

There is also the Blackberry Maps application installed on the Handset. ( Nothing can be more approved than this. )

YET Reliance has gone ahead and disabled access to the internal GPS chipset, which makes this feature utterly useless.

Now that GPS is becoming more and more visible and usable in India, Reliance has chosen to further cheat the customers.

Not only here, Verizon in US as well as some other vendors have also disabled this feature.

After a lot of efforts from consumers, Verizon decided to release a patch to enable the inbuilt chipset.

I have successfully used my BlueLogger from Delorme as external GPS receiver for using Google Maps and Blackberry Maps application.

Hope Reliance pays heed to this and enables the inbuilt GPS feature on the BB 8830.

Please add your experience to make the case stronger.

Thanks.

Ask the Call Center to Activate it or Sue the Company for Compensation in Consumer Court !!!!

I am Serious Buddy

post-9478-1199076716_thumb.jpg

^^^

@weirdo

MY dear friend, as Hetal above also told, you deserve this feature and if they are unable to help you out in this matter then you must slap the court case on them.

Regards.

Update on Billing. Made payments of the BB data charges and got BB data deactivated on the handset so that I dont pay anything for BB data....

Edited by waseemkazi

Now where are those Supporter of Reliance or Blackberry are they Listening

Hi Hetal,

Have gone through most of your posts here. I think you are right on all the points here. GSM Operators do offer better/same services at a better/same rate and moreover you can get the GSM sim card working on any handset you want.

PS: weirdo - Just let me know what kind of bills u get from reliance. Am curious to know the amount you get billed for Net connect and BB data services.

Waseem Kazi

Hi Hetal,

Have gone through most of your posts here. I think you are right on all the points here. GSM Operators do offer better/same services at a better/same rate and moreover you can get the GSM sim card working on any handset you want.

PS: weirdo - Just let me know what kind of bills u get from reliance. Am curious to know the amount you get billed for Net connect and BB data services.

Waseem Kazi

While what you said may not be 100% true, one fact remain is CDMA operators worldwide are well known to cripple handsets and its features for no reasons.

FOor GSM operators, it is believed that they offer better services at better prices. But the fact remains is I have legal actions pending against AT&T (Now Idea) and also against hutch for fraudelent charges. Like charging roaming calls twice or thrice. Illegal activation of VAS (I am talking about between 5-6 years back, when VAS were emails by SMS, FAX services etc).

I belive reliance and Tata advisors or technical team is full of bufoons, who do not know benefit of offering certain services to customers, and keep on barring one or the other feature of the handset.

Also CDMA operators, to keep control over all users activities, jumbled up their back end so much that now they have to activate new rule sets for each an every handsets.

I belive for such chaos even qualcomm might be at fault.