Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KumaarShah

Discount In Bill

I received a SMS from 51232 stating that I would get a discount of Rs xx if my bill value exceeds Rs xxx. And a further discount of the same Rs xx if my bill value exceeds the same Rs xxx for the next 3 months. T & C apply.

Now the discount offered is 7% apprx. But the foolish thing is that to get the second 7% discount, your bill value has to cross the said amount over 3 months. This is real stupidity. It should have been the same discount or even more if your bill value exceeds the target over the next 3 months.

In my case, the Rs xx is Rs 68 and the Rs xxx is Rs 975. Others may substitute their own values.

And as is usual, CC is unaware of this SMS and scheme also and then they told me that this SMS is only for selected customers who receive this stupid SMS.

I feel that TATA is better with their different discount slabs as it is transparent, whereas RCOM is discriminatory in that it is for selected customers only.

^^^

Is this for Post paid or Pre paid? I usually exceed Rs. 2000/- on my phone bill, hence any discount will be good ;) .

^^^

This is postpaid. Sorry for not informing about that. Are you on prepaid?

I received a SMS from 51232 stating that I would get a discount of Rs xx if my bill value exceeds Rs xxx. And a further discount of the same Rs xx if my bill value exceeds the same Rs xxx for the next 3 months. T & C apply.

Now the discount offered is 7% apprx. But the foolish thing is that to get the second 7% discount, your bill value has to cross the said amount over 3 months. This is real stupidity. It should have been the same discount or even more if your bill value exceeds the target over the next 3 months.

In my case, the Rs xx is Rs 68 and the Rs xxx is Rs 975. Others may substitute their own values.

And as is usual, CC is unaware of this SMS and scheme also and then they told me that this SMS is only for selected customers who receive this stupid SMS.

I feel that TATA is better with their different discount slabs as it is transparent, whereas RCOM is discriminatory in that it is for selected customers only.

I have two no. in postpaid.

received SMS in both no. But the target value and discount amount is different. Target value appears to be 30-50% above the last three months average usage. So new trick to get higher usage.

^^^

This is postpaid. Sorry for not informing about that. Are you on prepaid?

I am on postpaid, but have not received any SMS from them. What is the procedure to avail the above?

^^^

As usual, you will have to get the "SMS" from them. If you do not get the same, you are ineligible for this offer. Really ridiculous offer from RCOM.

And as commonman said above, the target value is 30-40% higher than your last 3 months average. So they want you to use more and get a paltry 7% discount in the 1st bill and then subsequently when you clock the same usage for another 3 months, you will get the 2nd 7% discount in your 4th or 5th month's bill. Cheap discount strategy, no one will utilise this at all for the paltry benefit.

^^^

Ooh, that means I will get only 1 discount of around 7% for using approx. 30-40% more for around 4 months. Sorry, I am not interested. :)

^^^

My dear Kumaar, it seems this is a useless Discount offer for many of us. But still something is better then nothing.

Regards.

Discount marketing works well india. Its like asking a donkey to walk with a bunch of hay hung in front of its head :P