Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yunus

Lg 6600, Finally Succeeded To Sync With Pc Using Data Cable

Hav u tried RCOM's website? I think the link is also there to download.

So as per this tread, we can connect our LGRD6600 to PC via bluetuth

Greate, can u send me where we can get this software ?

Vijay Panchal

panchal_in@yahoo.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried with 6250 software but it gives error "failed to initilize connection with phone, sync failed".

As mentioned in product note @ LG mobiles and as I observed in service discovery when connected to my PC, RD6600 dose not support bluetooth sync for any thing like file, folder,contact etc......

can we use bluetooth for pcsync in this handset?

No. Sync is possible only thru Data Cable

I use bluetooth to sync my 6250.

I use a USB bluetooth adapter on the PC.

Its driver has created bluetooth COMmunication port.

Through this COM port I am able to sync 6250 with the PC.

Should work with 6600 also as the principle is the same.

imho, i dont think syncing is possible thru bluetooth. 6600 supports only a minimal and basic subset of bluetooth features. In the LG Desktop (LG Desktop->Sychronization->Configure Synchronization->Communications Setting) the bluetooth COM ports are not listed. It will list only the physical ports and the port created by the lg phone driver. and that port will be available only when we connect the usb cable to the phone.

Yes you are right.

The LG Desktop software for 6600 does not have Bluetooth support. It supports only Serial and USB.

Whereas LG Desktop software for 6250 supports Serial, USB, and Bluetooth. (I use 6250 via bluetooth)

I have a strong urge to suggest those who have

a. bluetooth on their computer and

b. 6600

to try syncing 6600 using software for 6250 via bluetooth.

Regards

After lot of R&D since last 15 Days, I have finally succeeded in syncing LG6600 with PC using data cable with a USB interface.

First a fact about the data Cable.

The USB Data cables for LG phones available in the market is actually a serial cable with a USB interface. It's actually a 2-in1 cable i.e a USB to serial converter & serial data cable with a connector for LG phones on the other end. This is the reason the USB driver does not work. ( I wonder if this fact is known by LG techies !! )

Step by Step Guide :

1) Use a USB cable meant for 5130 if you can't find one for 6600 as the socket on the phone for data cable is same(or any other LG handset as I suspect all must be same)

2) Install driver for USB to Serial converter cable. Google for "PL-2303" & you will find the driver. (If requested I can upload it here also)

3) Install driver for LG serial cable. (you will find this in the "LGCOM" directory on the installation CD which comes along with the cable). Again I used the driver meant for 5130 but I guess any other model will do. But it is necessary that you install driver for serial cable & not USB cable

4) Go to Menu--->Settings--->Line Speed & set it to 115K

5) Now go to configurations in LG sync manager, on communications setting tab select the port where u have inserted the cable & select communication type as serial.

Now Run the sync manager & you are all set to connect to your PC !!!

Thanks Yunus. With your help I have managed to sync my mobile with PC. But I am unable to transfer pics & music from PC to mobile & vice versa. Can u plz help me in this.

Thanks,

Jamil Ahmed

^^^

There are different versions for different models. So plz mention ur model.

Hi. I needed the PC Sync for LG RD 6600. So if you could e-mail me the LG Desktop, PC Sync Suite. I would really be greatful. My email id is shivank.murmuria@gmail.com :signthankspin::)

Hai friend i can down load my voice in my pc but not open on voice file pl help how can i down load voice file? how can i open that file my hant set lg rd6600 pl help me my email id rajeshkumarns@aol.in

Hi. I needed the PC Sync for LG RD 6600. So if you could e-mail me the LG Desktop, PC Sync Suite. I would really be greatful. My email id is mathhewtj@gmail.com