Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
carbinem4

How Can I Access Rimweb And Reply Using My Reliance Prepaid Connection?

Hi Guys ,

how can i access rim web on my reliance mobile ,is there any wap site ...whats the cheapest way to read topics as well as reply to the topics ....please update

There is a lo-fi version available for WAP browsers which you can access at: http://www.rimweb.in/forums/lofiversion/

However, you cannot reply using the lo-fi version.

Actually Arun i was wondering that if rimweb could be accessable on the phone it self more people can use this forum ..as most of the guys dont have 24/7 internet access ..I stay in village called Kamptee near nagpur and the only affordable internet option i have is BSNL net one dial up ..and i have to make more than 3 to 4 trys just to get connected at speed of say 16 kbps .now thats bad ..thats the reason i cant go through all the topics ..any ways thanks for ur reply

You are right when you say that more people can access the wealth of info available on RIMweb.in if they are able to access from their mobiles itself.

But not all subscribers have DAPO plan or L1 plan to enable them to browse free of cost. And RWorld's 10ps/10kb is way too expensive.

However your idea/query is very good to promote RIMweb.in.

@arun,

Any options for lo-fi version users to reply from their mobiles?

@arun,

Any options for lo-fi version users to reply from their mobiles?

Not until Invision comes up with some plans for the lo-fi version. However I don't think they will try to improve it because I haven't seen any requests or demand for that feature in their wishlist. I guess thats because WAP is becoming obselete and everyone is using PDAs and Smartphones to browse on the move.

i dont know abt cdma but through gprs i am using opera mini 4.1 browser and all web pages open complete and fully on my mobile screen and u can download as well as upload, post reply and do almost every task you would do on a normal pc browser. (i am using nokia 6233)

I second it.i also use both opera mini 4 and also mod 2.1 for browsing right from my 6275.i can open almost all sites and can interact,even with rim web also.there is absolutely no problem in posting replies.so i think there should be no problem for anybody. 99 times out of 100 i use my phone for browsing rim web.

@Amitstg & Sitansu

the original post reads how Amit wants to access rimweb with the least amount of data transfer so he prefers wap... in other words the lo-fi version of this forum which lacks the ability to let one reply to threads...

browsing the regular version of this site and replying from your phones or mine is normal without any doubts...

^^^

My dear friends, Opera Mini already compress the data very much and their are settings available in Opera Mini for DO NOT SHOW IMAGES or SHOW IMAGES AT LOW RESOLUTION. Which further reduces the data usage a lot. In my view also Opera Mini can be the good option also.

Regards.