Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vishal Gupta

[Guide] How to Create a Fully Automatic Internet Connection?

How to Create a Fully Automatic Internet Connection?

Yesterday I posted this guide on my website and today I thought of sharing with it you all here. ;)

Recently someone asked me how can he make his Internet connection automatic so that he doesnt need to double-click on the connection, enter credentials, click on Connect button, etc?

All of us use Internet and most of us want the same thing as the above mentioned guy asked. So in this guide, I'll tell you a detailed step-by-step method to make your existing or new Internet connection fully automatic. You'll not need to enter your user name and password again and again, you'll not need to click on "Connect" button each time.

Most of us might be knowing it already but I hope it'll help someone for sure. :)

When you double-click on the connection, it shows following window:

When you click on "Connect", it starts connecting. But next time, when you start the connection, it doesnt save your credentials and shows a window with blank user name and password.

So when you enter your credentials, make sure you have enabled the checkbox "Save this user name and password for the following users". You can select "Me only" or "Anyone who uses this acc. to your requirements.

Now it'll always save your credentials and you'll not need to enter them every time you start the connection.

Now lets move further. Even it saves your credentials, whenever you double-click on the connection, it still shows the dialog box containing your user name and password.

If you want to bypass this window and want the connection to immediately dial whenever you double-click on it, then click on "Properties" button and disable "Prompt for name and password, certificate, etc" option.

Now it'll not show the dialog box and will connect to Internet as soon as you double-click on it.

You can also create a shortcut to your Internet Connection on Desktop to quickly start it. Open Network Connections and right-click on your connection and select "Create Shortcut". It'll create a shortcut on Desktop.

You can rename it. You can also move it to "Quick Launch" toolbar.

If you want the connection to immediately start with Windows, then you can add this shortcut to Windows Startup.

Type "shell:startup" in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now paste the shortcut in this folder. Thats it. Now whenever you'll start Windows, the connection will start automatically and will connect to Internet.

So after following all the above mentioned steps, you'll come up with a fully automatic connection which will require nothing from you and will do the whole task automatically.

You can read a few more tips with more screenshots here.

Edited by Vishal Gupta

^^^

Thanks for the guide my dear Vishal. This will be helpful to many members.

Regards.

How to Create a Fully Automatic Internet Connection?

Yesterday I posted this guide on my website and today I thought of sharing with it you all here. ;)

Recently someone asked me how can he make his Internet connection automatic so that he doesnt need to double-click on the connection, enter credentials, click on Connect button, etc?

All of us use Internet and most of us want the same thing as the above mentioned guy asked. So in this guide, I'll tell you a detailed step-by-step method to make your existing or new Internet connection fully automatic. You'll not need to enter your user name and password again and again, you'll not need to click on "Connect" button each time.

Most of us might be knowing it already but I hope it'll help someone for sure. :)

When you double-click on the connection, it shows following window:

1.jpg

When you click on "Connect", it starts connecting. But next time, when you start the connection, it doesnt save your credentials and shows a window with blank user name and password.

So when you enter your credentials, make sure you have enabled the checkbox "Save this user name and password for the following users". You can select "Me only" or "Anyone who uses this acc. to your requirements.

3.jpg

Now it'll always save your credentials and you'll not need to enter them every time you start the connection.

Now lets move further. Even it saves your credentials, whenever you double-click on the connection, it still shows the dialog box containing your user name and password.

If you want to bypass this window and want the connection to immediately dial whenever you double-click on it, then click on "Properties" button and disable "Prompt for name and password, certificate, etc" option.

5.jpg

Now it'll not show the dialog box and will connect to Internet as soon as you double-click on it.

You can also create a shortcut to your Internet Connection on Desktop to quickly start it. Open Network Connections and right-click on your connection and select "Create Shortcut". It'll create a shortcut on Desktop.

You can rename it. You can also move it to "Quick Launch" toolbar.

If you want the connection to immediately start with Windows, then you can add this shortcut to Windows Startup.

Type "shell:startup" in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now paste the shortcut in this folder. Thats it. Now whenever you'll start Windows, the connection will start automatically and will connect to Internet.

So after following all the above mentioned steps, you'll come up with a fully automatic connection which will require nothing from you and will do the whole task automatically.

You can read a few more tips with more screenshots here.

good one Vishal... though most of us using always on BB now... tips appreciated always...

thx to u my win xp works SUPERRRRRRRRRFAST :P

My Company have VPN Server and all my Sub office Connect to VPN Server and then could access the Web Server

Vishal Is there any Method Which Creates Automatically Dial Up Connection or VPN Connection to all my 5 VPN Server!!!

I have searched the whole Web but could not get any Method !!!

Great utility that one, VG. Thanks for the same. After a pretty long time.

^^ Thanks.

@hetaldp

Sorry but I have no idea about VPN cause I have never tried it. :)

Thanks for the info man...

Nice work

Keep rocking

Creation of automatic VPN , automatic Dialup / Automatic PPPOE Connection using a Single Click EXE is now possible

Use CMAK (Connection Manager Administrative Kit) from Windows 2003 or Windows 2008