Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
@ksh@T

Cdma/gsm Capable Sph-i325 Ace From Samsung

Samsung has partnered with U.S. CDMA carrier Sprint to launch the new SPH-i325 Ace, a dual-mode CDMA/GSM smartphone that borrows some styling cues from Samsung's SGH-i320 from 2 years back. The Ace combines the best of both worlds with EV-DO capable CDMA coverage in the U.S. on Sprint's network and a SIM card slot for GPRS/GSM use when traveling abroad to make the handheld a true world phone.

The new Ace is similar in design to Samsung's popular Blackjack line of smartphones, but features a non-scrollable d-pad and a thumbwheel for one-handed navigation. The best feature found on the new Ace its dual-mode functionality. The Samsung Ace will work on the 800/1900MHz CDMA networks found in North America and can be used with any valid SIM card when traveling abroad on 900/1800MHz GSM networks. The GSM feature of the Ace is unlocked, meaning that users can buy their own local SIM cards when travelling, rather than having to pay high per-minute rates to Sprint.

Sprint has teamed up the new Ace with some special roaming costs, too. For example, calls placed in Canada are billed at a discounted rate of US$.59/minute, while voice and data minutes used on Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam are billed as if they were used on the U.S. mainland.

Measuring up at 118mm x 58mm x 13mm (4.65" x 2.3" x 0.5") and weighing a mere 111g (3.9oz), the Samsung Ace is both lightweight and stylish. MicroSD memory cards (up to 2GB) can be used to complement on-board memory, and the device features a large 2.3" QVGA resolution 65k color TFT LCD display. The Ace runs Microsoft's Windows Mobile 6 operating system and features a full QWERTY keyboard for optimum use of the included Office Mobile suite applications. Standard features like a 1.3 megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth stereo, and speakerphone are also present.

The Samsung SPH-i325 Ace from Sprint is available now for US$199.99(INR 8000 approx.) after mail-in rebates and savings, with a two-year service agreement.

samsungi325xn8.jpg

Specifications for the Samsung SPH-i325 Ace

Operating System Windows Mobile 6

Band CDMA 800/1900MHz, GSM 900/1800MHz

Data 1xRTT/EV-DO/GPRS

Size 118mm x 58mm x 13mm

(4.65" x 2.3" x 0.5")

Weight 111g (3.9oz)

Battery Life Unknown standby

Up to 4.3 hours talk time

Main Display 2.3" 65k color TFT, QVGA (320x240 pixel) resolution

Camera 1.3 megapixel

Video Playback/capture

Messaging MMS/SMS

Email POP/IMAP/SMTP

Bluetooth Yes with A2DP (stereo)

Memory Unknown internal, microSD card slot (up to 2GB)

Other QWERTY keyboard, supports unlocked SIM cards,

Windows Media Player, Sprint TV. voice dialing, speakerphone

In all its a good device.

post-3349-1210700002_thumb.jpg

Samsung has partnered with U.S. CDMA carrier Sprint to launch the new SPH-i325 Ace, a dual-mode CDMA/GSM smartphone that borrows some styling cues from Samsung's SGH-i320 from 2 years back. The Ace combines the best of both worlds with EV-DO capable CDMA coverage in the U.S. on Sprint's network and a SIM card slot for GPRS/GSM use when traveling abroad to make the handheld a true world phone.

The new Ace is similar in design to Samsung's popular Blackjack line of smartphones, but features a non-scrollable d-pad and a thumbwheel for one-handed navigation. The best feature found on the new Ace its dual-mode functionality. The Samsung Ace will work on the 800/1900MHz CDMA networks found in North America and can be used with any valid SIM card when traveling abroad on 900/1800MHz GSM networks. The GSM feature of the Ace is unlocked, meaning that users can buy their own local SIM cards when travelling, rather than having to pay high per-minute rates to Sprint.

Sprint has teamed up the new Ace with some special roaming costs, too. For example, calls placed in Canada are billed at a discounted rate of US$.59/minute, while voice and data minutes used on Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam are billed as if they were used on the U.S. mainland.

Measuring up at 118mm x 58mm x 13mm (4.65" x 2.3" x 0.5") and weighing a mere 111g (3.9oz), the Samsung Ace is both lightweight and stylish. MicroSD memory cards (up to 2GB) can be used to complement on-board memory, and the device features a large 2.3" QVGA resolution 65k color TFT LCD display. The Ace runs Microsoft's Windows Mobile 6 operating system and features a full QWERTY keyboard for optimum use of the included Office Mobile suite applications. Standard features like a 1.3 megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth stereo, and speakerphone are also present.

The Samsung SPH-i325 Ace from Sprint is available now for US$199.99(INR 8000 approx.) after mail-in rebates and savings, with a two-year service agreement.

samsungi325xn8.jpg

Specifications for the Samsung SPH-i325 Ace

Operating System Windows Mobile 6

Band CDMA 800/1900MHz, GSM 900/1800MHz

Data 1xRTT/EV-DO/GPRS

Size 118mm x 58mm x 13mm

(4.65" x 2.3" x 0.5")

Weight 111g (3.9oz)

Battery Life Unknown standby

Up to 4.3 hours talk time

Main Display 2.3" 65k color TFT, QVGA (320x240 pixel) resolution

Camera 1.3 megapixel

Video Playback/capture

Messaging MMS/SMS

Email POP/IMAP/SMTP

Bluetooth Yes with A2DP (stereo)

Memory Unknown internal, microSD card slot (up to 2GB)

Other QWERTY keyboard, supports unlocked SIM cards,

Windows Media Player, Sprint TV. voice dialing, speakerphone

In all its a good device.

I saw this handset in us workin. but want to know if it will workin india with RIM & Airtel/Vodafone... wil it require any unlockin for use with RIM...??? :confuse: