Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
biswajitom

Handset Change

I have a very old nokia handset for CDMA. Is the technology advanced to change the handset while keeping my same number.

Pls advise. Really fed up with the old handset.Keypad has stopped wording, no clear voice. In nutshell it is dead.

^^^

@biswajit

My dear friend, you just have to use a HCC (Handset Change Card) for retaining your current number. By using HCC your current number will be transferred to a new handset of your choice.

Regards.

buy the handset change card.

follow the instructions given below

From your old handset, dial *229, followed by the PIN number written in the scratch panel.

Next, from your new handset, dial *228. Follow the voice instructions and key in the same PIN number to activate the new handset. Your old handset is now de-activated. However, this step must be done within 24 hours of dialing *229 from your old handset, otherwise the validity of the card will expire.

Please switch off and switch on your new handset after 15 minutes, and your new Reliance phone is ready to use.

You will receive a confirmatory SMS that your new phone has been activated

Can the HCC be used for transferring number from a SIM-based phone to a non-SIM phone?

Surely u can but the handset's ESN (or corresponding RSN) should be registered with reliance network (means it should be meant to work with reliance)

Regards

MG

Can the HCC be used for transferring number from a SIM-based phone to a non-SIM phone?

Surely u can but the handset's ESN (or corresponding RSN) should be registered with reliance network (means it should be meant to work with reliance)

Regards

MG

The non-SIM handset in question was actually bought from Reliance itself and I was using it before purchasing the SIM based one. Can I just follow the standard procedure for HCC or is there any need for Reliance people or going to web world to detach the number from the SIM?

Can I just follow the standard procedure for HCC = YES

If you have nearest WW , go there and ask them to change your number to ur new handset or SIM - at free of cost.

That is what I am usually doing