Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Jacob

Does Auto Redial really work?

Hi Guys,

Have anyone tried auto-redial funtion? how does it work? I tried on my RD2130 and when the dialed number is engaged/not reachable etc. the auto-redial function was suppose to work, but nothing happened. B)

I'd recently activated this function and it seemed to work fine on my RD 2030... ;)

Mastermind, its useful when your call dosent connect for some reason ...the phone automatically re-dials after ther specified time ...like after 30s, etc. :)

the phone automatically re-dials after ther specified time ...like after 30s, etc.  :)

I wish if that could happen in real to my phone...... :(

Hey jacob74,

You will find this usefull only in areas where connectivity is poor and the calls get lost mid way. I guess.... :)

It has never happened to me so far. So, I have never seen my phone redialling automatically..... Neither do I wish to see it... :(

Hey jacob74,

You will find this usefull only in areas where connectivity is poor and the calls get lost mid way. I guess.... :P

Hi Mastermind,

Finally it worked man, but as u said it works only when the call failed due to no/poor network coverage. I too found its not useful option. :)

the redial function doesn't work because reliance network do not have proper signaling to its cell phone which tells cell phones that the number we are trying to call is busy, not reachable, not available, switched off, network busy etc. Redail only works when signal is week or reliance own network is busy.

overall it s**ks because when i try calling my friends BSNL cell phone i have to redial atleast 20 times to get him :angry::)

BSNL sure seems to have the worst congestion problem ...congestion or whatever, one has to dial at least about 10 times to get their number. :D And the same is true if you try from a BSNL landline ...not just from RIM phones!

I did some experiments with my RIM RD2030 and my bro's BSNL Samsung (GSM). I found that the auto redial hardly kicks in if the line is engaged etc. However, in the case of the Samsung the phone displays "User Busy" on the screen if the other line is busy and the auto redial actually redialls, eventually! Not so in the case of my RIM :(

I dont know if this is because RIM does not signal the correct status to the phone, like what Mahinder says, as I have found that the recorded message that one recieves about the phones status on the speaker, is always correct - ie. phone off, out of range or busy. This dosent happen in BSNL's case. Not only does it not happen, it actually gives wrong messages! Like for eg. when my bro's cell wasnt being used for sometime, the incoming was blocked. And instead of getting a message to this effect, one could hear a message that the phone is out of range! :rolleyes: