Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
MasterMind

Connecting To Phone

Hi All,

I am having a new probs. All these days, I have been using r-connect without probs. I have been using the BitPIM for ringtones/wallpapers. But recently, one fine morning this whole hing stopped working. I mean the system is not detecting the USB port anymore. :)

I know this is not problem with LG2030, its rather a windows issue. I tried re-installing the drivers. Since this problem, the LG installation is also not detecting the USB port. :(

So, in short, I am not able to connect to the PC..... :D ..... has anyone faced similar probs ever....?

MasterMind - I fear U R using WinXP. If so then it has a problem with unsigned driver(USB) installation. U can try system restore as the first resort and then trying to remove all the left out traces of the old driver from the registry after Uninstalling and as a last resort reinstalling XP.

I am using win 2k professional. I have tried removing traces of the driver frm the registry:) ... no success..... :( ..... next week, I am planning to re-install windows... :)

Mastermind

i think u have installed some updates of WIN2K on ur PC

am i right?

i have faced same problem but it was related to RConnect

whenever i installed windows updates, i was unable to reinstall RConnect s/w or Modem driver.

so try to repair the windows using Windows CD

i think it will solve ur problem.

Hi Vishal,

Yepp. You are right. Some updations have been done. So, I'll try to repair windows first. If that doesnt work out, then I will reinstall it.. :) Thanx for the tip... :(

Mastermind, before you do anything to Windows, try uninstalling the two LGUSBConverterDriver and FTDIUSBSerial from the Control Panel first...its easier than installing Windows all over again!

If you are able to uninstall it successfully...I'm doubtful because you have erased the registry entries, try installing it again.

If that doesn't work, reinstall RConnect again by overwriting the original files...