Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
diyavenkat

Suggestions On How To Revive A Wet Phone -6275?

My Phone 6275 got drenched in the summer showers. The handset can receive/send calls... But there is no display (except a lit up screen).I can't hear the phone ring too... :wacko:

Can anything be done??? :(

Edited by diyavenkat

First of all, open the handset covers, remove the battery, ruim and then shake the handset dry thoroughly. And then, place it in the hot sun for atleast a day or two. If there is no sun, take a hair dryer and blow dry the phone thoroughly. Ensure that the heat is not set to high, set it to medium or low.

When you are satisfied that all the moisture appears to have dried up, re fit the RUIM, battery etc and restart the phone.

Hopefully, it will work properly. If not, don't despair. Try the same procedure a couple of more times. It may help you out.

If still, it does not work, then go to ASC and don't tell them that you wet it in the rain. Or else the warranty will be voided. Hope for the best.

Ashok,

Will your method work after a few days... It has been 15 days after the dunking :( . I have dried it cleaned it and tried thru a nokia care... :(

hi Kumar,

No Use... i tried with the Nokia care :(

^^^

Bad luck, then. Maybe your phone is fully conked out now.

But i can still receive and make calls, that is the only thing that gives me hope :grin: ... is it not possible to replace the display???

The nokia customer care refused to look at it 'cos it was water logged :Decepcionado: ...

I have loads of data on it... :(

^^^

Try your luck with the neighbourhood local service station. They will do the job faster, better and cheaper. All the best.