Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Himanshu Singh

Idea Offers Increased Tt

Idea is offering a talktime of 89 on top up of 100. It should be noted that recently Idea had increased the talk time on top up of 100 from Rs.74 to Rs.87. Its the highest in Delhi circle alongwith mtnl trump which also offers the same benefit.

^^^

My dear friends, I think that other operators too are providing the same talk time on the topup of Rs.100 after deducting the service tax etc.

Regards.

^^^

My dear friends, I think that other operators too are providing the same talk time on the topup of Rs.100 after deducting the service tax etc.

Regards.

i am not sure other operators are also offering the same talk time. i request users to share their operators' offer on 100 top up.

Reliance has introduced new e-recharge wherein they give talk time of Rs. 222 on refill of Rs. 210 in mumbai circle.. I had got an SMS 3-4 days ago, however I have not tried it as of now..

idea Increase Talktime In MP&CG Circle.

post-11009-1217470759_thumb.jpg

Edited by coolboyashok

Idea rox! :) The chart for Mah on their site says Rs. 83 TT for Rs. 100 top up.

But why go in for this when you have full TT options??? I just got a full TT top up done for Rs. 234.

Idea rox! :) The chart for Mah on their site says Rs. 83 TT for Rs. 100 top up.

But why go in for this when you have full TT options??? I just got a full TT top up done for Rs. 234.

In Delhi one can get full talktime of 222 on a paper recharge of 222 while the same benefit is offered on erecharge on select days only. similarly one gets talktime of 333plus 33 mins idea to idea with topup of 333, talktime of 555 plus 110 mins idea to idea on 555 recharge,talktime of 777 on 777 recharge,talktime of 889 plus 889 mins idea to idea on 999 recharge.

getting full talk time means you pay only for usage as per your tariff and no service tax or other charges. for instance if your std tariff is re.1 per min you pay only re.1 per min but in post paid you end up paying re.1.1236 besides the monthly rental which is always over charged as compared to pre paid. so always go for full talktime recharges.

But these full talk time top-ups dont have any validity!?!? You have to buy this validity seperately, if you are using top-up vouchers, so the cost of that has to be added... so in a way you are paying a rental in pre-paid too! The magnitude can of course differ.

Also, you have to consider the Service Tax component for post-paid. So even if you have a tariff plan where you pay Re. 1/min in post-paid, you will actually end up paying about Rs. 1.13 or so... whereas in pre-paid, the ST component is borne by the operator, if you go in for full TT top-up.

But these full talk time top-ups dont have any validity!?!? You have to buy this validity seperately, if you are using top-up vouchers, so the cost of that has to be added

I think validity comes at about Re.1/day for Idea.

For example in Delhi:

1.If you recharge with Rs.150 you get 3 months validity and Rs 45 TT. That means for Rs 150-45=Rs.105 you get 90 days' validity. This means Rs105/90days= Re.1.16/day

2. If you recharge with Rs.248 you get 6 months validity and Rs.50 TT. That means for Rs.248-50=Rs.198 you get 180 days' validity. This means Rs.198/180 days=Re.1.1/day

3. If you recharge with Rs.365 you get 1 year validity and Rs.25TT.That means for Rs.365-25=Rs.340 you get 365 days' validity.This means Rs.340/365days=Re.0.93/day.

The above offers are regular offers from Idea. At most of the times you would get more TT than quoted above especially when your validity is about to expire soon.This brings the per day cost of the validity even lower.In no case the cost of validity is more than Re 1.16.But if you want to pay more you could get 1 month's validity for Rs.97 which is a stupid thing to do in any case if you have to continue with the same operator and number.

Also, you have to consider the Service Tax component for post-paid. So even if you have a tariff plan where you pay Re. 1/min in post-paid, you will actually end up paying about Rs. 1.13 or so... whereas in pre-paid, the ST component is borne by the operator, if you go in for full TT top-up.

This is precisely what I posted above in post 8

Edited by sachinrocks

^^^

Nowadays all operators are giving LT validity and the added advantage is that you can use any STV, any RC, any top-up offers etc on these LT plans. So why worry about paying for validity. RCOM is allowing full TT plus more on all its top-ups for all customers whether they are short validity or Life Validity. One more thing I have noticed is that most operators are offering better offers for LT than short validity customers. This is something I do not understand.

It makes more sense to opt for LT validity and be a prepaider rather than a postpaider nowadays. Only problem with RCOM is that they do not offer Call conference, call divert etc and also no STD SMS packs for prepaiders. Otherwise I would have also converted to prepaid long back.

Well, that isnt valid for all operators/plans... for eg. Airtel Friendz plan and Idea I-card Active dont allow you to recharge with lifetime voucher. If you do, your plan will change, and you are migrated to the lifetime tariff plan. At least thats what the CC of these operators say.

In any case Idea offered me 1 yr validity for Rs. 199 with Rs. 90 TT... so validity is now quite cheap. No such luck with Airtel... unless they offer me something similar I'll probably junk my current SIM and get another one which usually comes with more TT than its cost + 1 yr validity...

Edited by raccoon

Thats the beauty of prepaid cos validity is no longer an issue especially in idea. In some other post i had shared with friends how my gang validity was increased by one year without any recharge as some offer.Airtel is the biggest thug. Think of it- it doesnt even allow more than one special recharge on a number. Airtel will never offer freebies to its customers.