Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
drajinkyas

Zte Mg880 Connection Woes

Hi ppl, i need your help in understanding if the zte mg880 usb modem im using is a bust.

Heres the full story...

I am a new reliance netconnect data card customer. (I wish i wasnt!) Since the time I have taken this card i am facing problems browsing the internet.

My system details for your reference:

windows xp professional operating system with SP3

IE ver8

Data card: ZTE MG880 CDMA 1X

My current location: Deccan Gymkhana, Jangli Maharaj Road, Pune 411004

First scenario (approximately 2 months back when I purchased the card)-

After connecting using the zte dialer, i was able to browse the internet for sometime after which there was no data transfer. IE error: page cannot be displayed. I had to disconnect and reconnect. This again gave a short browsing time after which there was no data transfer and i had to reconnect.

Second scenario (approximately 1 month back)-

After connecting using the zte dialer, i was able to browse the internet for just a couple of minutes (maximum 3-4 minutes) after which there was no data transfer. IE error: page cannot be displayed. I saw in the zte dialer window that the connection was getting disconnected frequently and auto connecting. After which I could browse again for 3-4 minutes with the process repeating itself.

I have called the customer support center on many occasions and their representatives asked me to download a new version of net booster software. I did that but the problem still persists.

After this they asked me to visit the reliance webworld where I purchased the card. The webworld officer checked the card and said it was fine. There was a system problem and that the data cache had to be cleared on the server. He said they would send a mail to the technical department and the problem would be resolved within 24 hours.

Current scenario (since 10 days)-

After connecting using the zte dialer, i am able to browse the internet for just a couple of minutes (maximum 3-4 minutes) after which there is no data transfer. The netbooster software also is not connected. IE error: page cannot be displayed. If I disconnect and reconnect then there is no data transfer at all. I cannot browse the internet at all. I have to remove the data card, wait for 15 minutes and reconnect after which I can browse for 3-4 minues and then it again stops data transfer. Reconnecting does not help.

In all the above scenarios, the zte dialer window shows signal strength as full (all 5 bars). It shows connected to the internet. But there is no send-receive activity.

Please advise if I should chuck this one.

Plz talk to the *333 - 'Netconnect technical team' only.

If they can't solve the problem, insist that their engineer must pay a site visit.

This happens in 48hrs.. this service has started few months back for DC's & LL phones.

In case the engineer cant do anything, then this should be taken to the (ASC) Authorised Service Centre & NOT Webworld.

I don't understand why the CC guys have asked you to visit the WW/WWE.

Max they can do is restore your services/connection in case of any problems.

If ASC can't help, ask them to issue a DOA Certificate..

Hi,

I am having a similar problem - after I connect the modem work fine for about 10 min nd then starts crawling till it stops. Disconnect and reconnect and it will work for a bout 5 min and then again the same problem. Signal is full and another modem in the same room is running fine.

This is the second ZTE modem that is troubling me! My data card went bust at exactly 12.5 months so he warranty had expired. Then I bought this mg880. Now this is also acting up!

Also, the modem gets hot. I that normal?

Any suggestions? Would appreciate inputs.

Regards,

Anirudh

Hi ppl, i need your help in understanding if the zte mg880 usb modem im using is a bust.

Heres the full story...

I am a new reliance netconnect data card customer. (I wish i wasnt!) Since the time I have taken this card i am facing problems browsing the internet.

IE ver8

After connecting using the zte dialer, i was able to browse the internet for sometime after which there was no data transfer. IE error: page cannot be displayed. I had to disconnect and reconnect. This again gave a short browsing time after which there was no data transfer and i had to reconnect.

After connecting using the zte dialer, i was able to browse the internet for just a couple of minutes (maximum 3-4 minutes) after which there was no data transfer. IE error: page cannot be displayed. I saw in the zte dialer window that the connection was getting disconnected frequently and auto connecting. After which I could browse again for 3-4 minutes with the process repeating itself.

I have called the customer support center on many occasions and their representatives asked me to download a new version of net booster software. I did that but the problem still persists.

After this they asked me to visit the reliance webworld where I purchased the card. The webworld officer checked the card and said it was fine. There was a system problem and that the data cache had to be cleared on the server. He said they would send a mail to the technical department and the problem would be resolved within 24 hours.

After connecting using the zte dialer, i am able to browse the internet for just a couple of minutes (maximum 3-4 minutes) after which there is no data transfer. The netbooster software also is not connected. IE error: page cannot be displayed. If I disconnect and reconnect then there is no data transfer at all. I cannot browse the internet at all. I have to remove the data card, wait for 15 minutes and reconnect after which I can browse for 3-4 minues and then it again stops data transfer. Reconnecting does not help.

In all the above scenarios, the zte dialer window shows signal strength as full (all 5 bars). It shows connected to the internet. But there is no send-receive activity.

I am Not sure if this thing is happening for ZTE MG 880 users

I have the same thing and the same problem

This problem was not there before but it is happening from a couple of days

I normally ping with google to keep my connection active

But still it is slowing down now -a days

Just ping

thats it.

Hi All,

Contacted Netconnect Tech Support - guess what he told me - LSASS.exe is causing the problem and should be disabled.

Also, he told me delete all temp files and "ALL WINDOWS SETTINGS" ?????? When I asked him how that was supposed to be done - he backed off. I wonder if these guys thinks the customers are absolutely ignorant.

Anyway,

How do you ping the server? Manually? that is painful!

Also, whever I restart the system after the connection hangs - I get a message saying that "ping.exe - invoked by venturi could not start" !

I don't know what's happening

Regards,

Anirudh

What is that LSASS.exe file???

I am not sure about that but when ever I contact a Reliance they always ask me to delete the TEMP internet Files

I always Ping Google It does not help in Getting the Net faster but it just keeps the connection Active

Plz talk to the *333 - 'Netconnect technical team' only.

If they can't solve the problem, insist that their engineer must pay a site visit.

This happens in 48hrs.. this service has started few months back for DC's & LL phones.

In case the engineer cant do anything, then this should be taken to the (ASC) Authorised Service Centre & NOT Webworld.

I don't understand why the CC guys have asked you to visit the WW/WWE.

Max they can do is restore your services/connection in case of any problems.

If ASC can't help, ask them to issue a DOA Certificate..

a very comprehensive reply . just to add you can try calling data card helpline toll free no 180030005555 and also if dont resolve problem ; insist on imsg engineer viist and also he has authority to issue doa certificate also .

Heres the full story...

IE ver8

Hello,

Even i am also facing the same issue, after I installed my Symantec corporate edition anti virus software..

There was no send/receive action whenever I connect Netconnect using the ZTE Dialer.. I am also using ZTE MG880 Datacard.

After the installation I found these issues, so immediatedly i uninstalled my antivirus and checked it wasnt fine. Then I reinstalled my ZTE Pack using the CDROM

delivered with the purchase of the datacard. Now no use.. I am not able to browse internet from the past couple of days...

:NOTriste: Please anybody help me out on this.. :Equivocado:

Thanks in Advance! :GirandoOjos:

:signthankspin: