Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ACS

Gateway Sim/ruim Slots For Epabx Systems

Hi..

Many of us know that Reliance FWTs can be connected to an EPABX as an alternate Landline connection.

I was wondering if anybody knew about attaching SIM/RUIM cards to Digital EPABXs.

I heard that one needs to procure some Gateway slots (1-4 or 4-32).

So:

1) Is this possible?

2) Is this 'gateway' to be procured from a PBX vendor OR the Telecom service provider along with Mobile connections?

^^^

AFAIK, Matrix EPABXs have the facility to attach a GSM SIM, no idea about RUIMs.

In case you do come across any solutions, please do let us know here. It may be useful for many. I may insert my RUIM into my office's Epabx and cut down on some LL.

It was possible with the very early models of Reliance FWP's where there was a receiver and a phone seperate; an a wire joined the FWP to the phone; that wire could be bypassed and attached onto the EPABX; but that LG FWP has been discontinued long time back...

^^^

AFAIK, Matrix EPABXs have the facility to attach a GSM SIM, no idea about RUIMs.

In case you do come across any solutions, please do let us know here. It may be useful for many. I may insert my RUIM into my office's Epabx and cut down on some LL.

^^^ Oh no.. if something like this is really possible, who would want to ignore Tariffs of TATA/Rel and go for GSM.

Anyways, youre mentioning about a particular Brand producing one.. what about an add-on slot for normal/digital EPABXs ?

It was possible with the very early models of Reliance FWP's where there was a receiver and a phone seperate; an a wire joined the FWP to the phone; that wire could be bypassed and attached onto the EPABX; but that LG FWP has been discontinued long time back...

Those were called FWT - Fixed Wireless Terminal.

Yes, it was discontinued for a while but 2nd hand ones were always available.

Nowadays, new FWTs (LSP 270 or 280) are also available in Bangalore atleast.