Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
akula2

8703e - How To Change The Existing Number?

Hi,

I brought this phone for 14,000/- last October. For two months my bill was around 500/- per month, which is fair enough.

Now all the hell broke loose and troubles started :angry:

Once I did surf Blackberry site, activated couple of services on my phone without knowing the tariff details (my mistake!). Since then am ending up with huge bills anywhere between 3,000-5,000 per month....lost more than 12,000/- on my bills which is totally useless and complete waste of money :Ohhhh:

I've tried to deactivate all the services from the Reliance Customer Care. They are not doing it and am losing money every month. My recent bill was 3,200/- It's really a sick feeling am getting and am repenting for buying this Blackberry phone. I would like to know:

1) How to deactivate the services?

2) If not possible, how to drop this number and go for a new one with NO default services?

Please provide me the inputs in this regard, hope I can save my valuable money in this recession time :(

Thanks,

akula2

You must have activated BIS push mail. And you probable browse on the phone using the web browser. No wonder you would have to pay per kB charges.

Call *363 (you can reach this only if you have subscribed to BB BIS. Tell them to deactivate Blackberry services. They will do that within minutes. Of course, you can only use your phone after that for voice calls/sms.

Then you would get only voice call bills/sms.

^^^

Call up CC and ask them to terminate your account. After that, maybe you can take another number with fewer headaches. I hope the number is not important for you. Only if you terminate, you will be able to rid yourself of all the unnecessary charges on your bills. You have blamed yourself for the mess you are in. So ring up CC and tell them to terminate your account as you do not wish to pay such huge bills. This appears to be the only option left to you. I hope you may be able to activate another number immediately. Let the techies around here explain you in detail on this.

You must have activated BIS push mail. And you probable browse on the phone using the web browser. No wonder you would have to pay per kB charges.

Yes, what you said is correct. I feel really bad for what I've done...what a mess :(

Call *363 (you can reach this only if you have subscribed to BB BIS. Tell them to deactivate Blackberry services. They will do that within minutes. Of course, you can only use your phone after that for voice calls/sms.

Then you would get only voice call bills/sms.

Thanks, I shall call *363 later in the evening. I really hope they disable all the Blackberry services. Yeah, most of the phone usage for me is Voice and SMS. Of course I do use Smart phone features too but you see how much money I've wasted on those features. I feel most of the people are NOT yet ready for Smart phones in India from the services high tariff point of view :Equivocado:

Call up CC and ask them to terminate your account. After that, maybe you can take another number with fewer headaches. I hope the number is not important for you. Only if you terminate, you will be able to rid yourself of all the unnecessary charges on your bills.

Yes, that's my last option but the number is very important to me with hundreds of contacts (3 years old). To retain this number, I've to either disable all the services on this Blackerry phone or I've to transfer this number to another new RIM phone like LG 3600 or whatever. But you see, this Blackberry would be totally a dead investment with huge money loss....then I don't know what to do with this phone :( So I need to work it out to retain my number plus this phone.

You have blamed yourself for the mess you are in. So ring up CC and tell them to terminate your account as you do not wish to pay such huge bills. This appears to be the only option left to you. I hope you may be able to activate another number immediately. Let the techies around here explain you in detail on this.

I agree, am to be blamed. I will talk to CC as suggested by nandusharma. Yeah, huge bills really made me sick as I don't get any hefty corporate reimbursement (since I run my own business). Blackberry experience to me is a total waste of money. So, I can't afford this level of money wastage...bloody mess :Equivocado:

I strongly feel that you have activated BIS 249 Plan i.e. 50p/kb download.

You can simply change this plan to BIS (BB Internet Services) Plan 1099 Unlimited.

This way, your hardware also has use & you are carefree while browsing.

Alternatively, you may list out the details of 'Charges'/Rentals as appearing in the bill.

We can then come to know which subscription charges are these that appear for Rs. 2000-3000 continuously.