Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
chandanbs

Any Way To Calculate Offpeak And Onpeak Data Traffic?

Hi folks,

Has anyone found a new way or got a hassle free way of knowing how much data traffic we have consumed since the billing cycle start?

For example, for a offpeak 10GB limit and onpeak 10GB limit, has anyone made a formula in xls sheet so that we copy the data traffic into an xls sheet and it gives our offpeak and onpeak usage in MB's.... :-) :GirandoOjos:

I will try to work on it in my free time.

I've attached my data traffic for sample.. any excel lovers .. please put some formulae and give us a template for all Reliance Broadband+ users.

Thank you.

Reliance_NetConnect_June_July2009.xls

Hi ... Check the attached calculator :) hehe ... just refresh the pivot when you have more data added ... you can work on more functionality if required.

Cheers

karki

PS : you can add more options like having a conditional formatting with more than 10 GB as red etc ... also please extend the range of the pivot if reusing it ...

Did not have the time to check for the actual peak and off peak times ... hence gave an option to choose off peak and peak times..

calculated_sheet.xls

Hi ... Check the attached calculator :) hehe ... just refresh the pivot when you have more data added ... you can work on more functionality if required.

Cheers

karki

PS : you can add more options like having a conditional formatting with more than 10 GB as red etc ... also please extend the range of the pivot if reusing it ...

Did not have the time to check for the actual peak and off peak times ... hence gave an option to choose off peak and peak times..

Thanks very much Sir. I just got back from vacation, i will check your xls.

Hi folks,

i have been trying to log my on-peak and off peak hours for my Broadband+ postpaid connection. But, i've not been able to calculate exactly because of the following reasons.

1. Say for example you start your connection at 9pm (which is on peak) and extend upto 12 am (where 1 hour peak + 2 hour offpeak), the data report on the Reliance shows the composite addition for the time it was connected. here, it would be for 3 hours.. and data traffic .. for example.. 4 gb. We cant make out how much data was consumed between 9 to 10.

I have asked customer care many many times, and they always point me to the website which gives this kind of ambiguous reports.

Is there a solution? Is RIM coming up with a better breakage of these off peak and on peak data logs? God only knows.

I hope some of RIM folks are reading this forum and atleast improve the "customer satisfaction" and "customer queries"

I only like one thing: that is the speed of this connection. its superfast and data transfer rate going upto 340 KB/sec !!.

Hi folks,

i have been trying to log my on-peak and off peak hours for my Broadband+ postpaid connection. But, i've not been able to calculate exactly because of the following reasons.

1. Say for example you start your connection at 9pm (which is on peak) and extend upto 12 am (where 1 hour peak + 2 hour offpeak), the data report on the Reliance shows the composite addition for the time it was connected. here, it would be for 3 hours.. and data traffic .. for example.. 4 gb. We cant make out how much data was consumed between 9 to 10.

I have asked customer care many many times, and they always point me to the website which gives this kind of ambiguous reports.

Is there a solution? Is RIM coming up with a better breakage of these off peak and on peak data logs? God only knows.

I hope some of RIM folks are reading this forum and atleast improve the "customer satisfaction" and "customer queries"

I only like one thing: that is the speed of this connection. its superfast and data transfer rate going upto 340 KB/sec !!.

u can do one thing when u log at 9pm, just disconnect ur connection for 30second at extacly 10pm and start new session from 10.01pm.

simple

I have read somewhere that ur billed on peak hour basis, if your session starts during peak hours.

i.e. for 9pm to 1 am - You will still be counted/charged as per peak hour for all 4 hours.

Horrible.. will try to find the source..

^^^ ????

How can you chose your own peak hours ? And which excel sheet buddy ?

Peak hours is between 6am to 10pm.. the reverse is off-peak, preset by Reliance.

^^^ Oh sorry dude.. this seems beyond me.

Dude i know about the peak hrs & off peak hrs i want to know the formula to calculate this in excel sheet.

Can you explain a bit more on what exact functionality you are looking ? I may help you...:GirandoOjos:

Did not have the time to check for the actual peak and off peak times ... how to give an option to choose off peak and peak times..Plz reply soon.

I am using the freeware, networx to track usage data.

1>Go to cnet.com, then the downloads section

2>Search for networx; download and install it

3>Should start-up automatically, otherwise put

it in the startup folder, so that it's always

running

4>In the program, click on Settings->Advanced.

5>Configure the on-peak(hours) as between 6-21 and

the beginning of months as your billing start-date.

6>Configuration is finished. Whenever you are

logged on, click on UsageStastics then

on Daily/Weekly/Monthly Report "Display Options"

it shows On-Peak/Off-Peak usage data.

Disclaimer:This program works well for me.

BUT, I am not affiliated in any way with the

software/company, so any errors/bugs/viruses are NOT

my concern/responsibility.

^^^ Does it automatically link your HSD to this software..

What if your also running a wired broadband in office ? Will it add that too ?

Awaiting feedback for this solution..