Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fatal_error

Ec 1260 - No Signal On Dialer + Micro Sd Card Not Read

Hi guys!

Need some serious help here!

Around a week back, because of some reasons (I thought there were problems in connecting before realizing that I hadn't paid the bill!), I had to reinstall the Netconnect software.

After reinstalling it,

(1) The dialer software doesn't show any signal. In Settings -> Diagnostics, the firmware version, hardware version and PRL version are all unknown.

(2) Even if a Micro SD card is inserted in the slot, it doesn't show up as a drive in My Computer, as it used to earlier.

(3) The virtual install CD is still recognized as it used to, earlier.

The USB dongle (Huawei EC 1260) is working fine as I tried on a friend's laptop. I have been trying all sorts of troubleshooting to figure out the problem but have been unable to solve the problem. So far, I have tried:

(1) Reinstalling the drivers and the dialer a couple of times, in and out of the default install path.

(2) Uninstalling the USB Mass Storage Device from Device Manager (read somewhere about it online)

(3) Seeking help from Reliance CC and Webworld but not surprisingly, no help.

I think that there is some problem with the config and would like to know if there is a way to solve the problem.

HELP!

Edited by fatal_error

Looks like Huawei EC 1260 is dead... :Confuso:

Hi guys!

Need some serious help here!

Around a week back, because of some reasons (I thought there were problems in connecting before realizing that I hadn't paid the bill!), I had to reinstall the Netconnect software.

After reinstalling it,

(1) The dialer software doesn't show any signal. In Settings -> Diagnostics, the firmware version, hardware version and PRL version are all unknown.

(2) Even if a Micro SD card is inserted in the slot, it doesn't show up as a drive in My Computer, as it used to earlier.

(3) The virtual install CD is still recognized as it used to, earlier.

The USB dongle (Huawei EC 1260) is working fine as I tried on a friend's laptop. I have been trying all sorts of troubleshooting to figure out the problem but have been unable to solve the problem. So far, I have tried:

(1) Reinstalling the drivers and the dialer a couple of times, in and out of the default install path.

(2) Uninstalling the USB Mass Storage Device from Device Manager (read somewhere about it online)

(3) Seeking help from Reliance CC and Webworld but not surprisingly, no help.

I think that there is some problem with the config and would like to know if there is a way to solve the problem.

HELP!

I would suggest you to first uninstall your Reliance Netconnect Software (Uninstall all versions of Huawei related software if you have more than one version installed), then reboot your system. After rebooting insert your data modem into a USB port of your computer which you will be using normally. Start Reliance Netconnect Software installation if it does not start automatically. After installation is over and you still don't see your Micro SD drive or your software does not show any signal for your modem then you should open Device Manager (Right Click My Computer and click properties from the menu) a new System Properties windows will come up choose the Hardware Tab from it and then finally click Device Manager button on this Tab. It will now open the Device Manager. In this window go to the section "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", There will be yellow marked USB Mass Storage Device or USB Composite Device right click the yellow marked entry and select Update Driver.... then a new windows will open here select to automatically install drivers then Windows will load some drivers. It may also ask you to reboot then simple reboot and your card should now start working.

I would like to add one piece of advice that you should not change your USB port to which you connect you data modem as whenever the USB port is changed Windows recognizes the device as new and then tries to load the drivers for that device afresh and it can again mess up the configuration.

I believe the above will solve your problem.

Thanks for the response guys but no solution yet! :NOTriste:

Looks like Huawei EC 1260 is dead... :Confuso:

Deadman, the USB dongle works perfectly on another laptop!

There will be yellow marked USB Mass Storage Device or USB Composite Device right click the yellow marked entry and select Update Driver.... then a new windows will open here select to automatically install drivers then Windows will load some drivers. It may also ask you to reboot then simple reboot and your card should now start working.

The USB Mass Storage Device and Composite Device does not have any yellow mark against them so I think they are being identified by Windows. Even then, On 'Update Driver' it finally shows a message that no updated drivers are available.

:sos:

• Like 1

Deadman, the USB dongle works perfectly on another laptop!

Is it so............Then i have a solution for your problem :grin: . Need some time or that. here is what to do..

Take a backup, reinstall windows, then try. I'm 100% sure that it will start working again :Chulo:

Is it so............Then i have a solution for your problem :grin: . Need some time or that. here is what to do..

Take a backup, reinstall windows, then try. I'm 100% sure that it will start working again :Chulo:

Hahahah! That's the last resort! But this is a company laptop and lots of hassles with reinstallation! :wacko:

The USB Mass Storage Device and Composite Device does not have any yellow mark against them so I think they are being identified by Windows. Even then, On 'Update Driver' it finally shows a message that no updated drivers are available.

:sos:

Did you uninstall your Reliance Net Connect Software & Rebooted & then reinstalled the software before attempting to update drivers in Device Manager. It is necessary to uninstall the previous install, then reboot and then reinstall the software.

I am not speculating here. I also own the Same Reliance Broadband+ Modem and have faced the same problem on my Laptop with Windows XP installed as well as Desktop with Windows 7 RC installed. In my case I was able to solve my problem by talking the exact steps I have posted. (In windows XP, I have to manually update drivers from Device Manager after reinstalling the Reliance Net connect Software, However in Windows 7 it automatically updated the drivers)

If the above steps taken properly did not solve your problem then I guess either install your OS from scratch or if you have backup (Disk Image) of your system just before your problem occurred then you can restore that.

I believe this post will make thing more clear to you.

Did you uninstall your Reliance Net Connect Software & Rebooted & then reinstalled the software before attempting to update drivers in Device Manager. It is necessary to uninstall the previous install, then reboot and then reinstall the software.

Thanks for your reply Rajiv. On uninstalling the Netconnect software, when I reboot the computer, I keep getting messages that a new 'Data Interface' has been found and to install drivers for them. Finding the drivers through the Windows Update option doesn't help. Device Manager shows two data interfaces with a yellow exclamation mark.

If I have uninstalled the software the drivers, I don't understand what these data interfaces are and why it needs drivers for them! :confuse:

It worked!! :Sorprendido:

I think it had to do with some of the policies my organisation has on the laptop. I personally think it is because 'Autoplay' had been disabled!

I created a user on my PC domain and not on the organisation domain with all administrator rights. Logged in as this user and installed the dialer again..and it worked!

Thanks everyone!

hmm I seem to be having a similar problem. Looks like my modem is gone dead

Have you tried on another computer ? If works reinstall windows is only solution.

I did try on another computer. Did not work. Is there a firmware upgrade for this? When I go into settings, I can not see firmware version, prl version etc. All are written as unknown.

but my micro sd card is readable

I did try on another computer. Did not work. Is there a firmware upgrade for this? When I go into settings, I can not see firmware version, prl version etc. All are written as unknown.

Did you manage to solve the problem ? I am having identical problem on huawei ec 1260 since last 2 days. It was working before that, but now it doesn't work - shows no signal and no firmware version etc is shown in the dialer.

Have tried on 3 different laptops, win7, winxp & linux and 2 locations - office & home. My zte datacard is working fine on these laptops & locations.

I think the problem is not software or coverage related. There's some problem in the hardware.

Before going to Huawei Service Centre in Mumbai, I wanted to check how you managed to solve your issue ?

EC 1260 in known to behave erratically. When I had one for experiments, it never worked will on my WIN7 laptop.

Did you manage to solve the problem ? I am having identical problem on huawei ec 1260 since last 2 days. It was working before that, but now it doesn't work - shows no signal and no firmware version etc is shown in the dialer.

Have tried on 3 different laptops, win7, winxp & linux and 2 locations - office & home. My zte datacard is working fine on these laptops & locations.

I think the problem is not software or coverage related. There's some problem in the hardware.

Before going to Huawei Service Centre in Mumbai, I wanted to check how you managed to solve your issue ?

Take it to Huwaei service enter. In my case the firmware was corrupted and they fixed it in 10 minutes.

Now I have another problem, I see the signal, but it wont connect. It says authenticating but wont connect. Called CC thy said that service has been barred. They have not given any reason and told me to go to web world with address and identity proof.