Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
aviator

Govt Bans Prepaid Mobile Connections In J&k From November 1

Is it justified?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Will this move help in curbing terrorism?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If its terrorism, should this policy be applied horizontaly applied across India?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How can consumer rights be protected?

• Take the sim back and refund the money
    • Free conversion from pre to postpaid with an zero rental plan

The ministry of home affairs has decided that no fresh prepaid mobile connections should be issued and existing prepaid SIM cards should not be renewed in the state after November 1.

The move will affect nearly 38 lakh prepaid mobile phone subscribers in the state.

The ministry has asked the department of telecommunications to take appropriate action in the matter for implementation of the decision.

The step comes in the wake of reports that proper verification is not being done while providing such prepaid mobile connections by the service providers/vendors, a home ministry spokesperson said.

In some cases, a single person had been issued with multiple number of connections. The fake documents/identity numbers are also reportedly being used by the vendors particularly, in the case of pre-paid connections.

"This situation had given rise to serious security concerns. Hence, the decision," he said.

During his visit to the state last fortnight home minister P Chidambaram had said the government has been making efforts to persuade prepaid subscribers to switch to postpaid connections due to security issues.

In Jammu and Kashmir, Airtel has nearly 19 lakh subscribers followed by BSNL having 12 lakh and Aircel having seven lakh.

IT IS REAL SHAME ON GOI, WHICH IS UNABLE TO TAME PRIVATE COMPANIES,IS LEASHING HEAVILY ON CONSUMERS!

SUCH PRACTICE OF ISSUING MULTIPLE SIMS ON 1 NAME IS COMMON ACROSS INDIA.

I THINK IF CONGRESS WUD HAVE RULES USA, IT WUD HAVE CLOSED PREPAIDS OVER THERE TOO!!

SHAME ON THE RULING POLITICIANS,WHO HAVE JUST ADDED TO THE PLIGHT OF 38 LAKH MOBILE USERS......

(Most of them stay in rented houses due to article 370 and hence can't get a postpaid!)

oops......did i just missed a talk about lifetime validity of sim cards?

Edited by aviator

indian govt knows if they lack security systems then it is better to barr network prepaid options

Dont worry guys.... soon they will come up some stupid solution..

IMEI game was same.. all zero IMEIs were allowed for so many days just that corporates revenues should not get hurt..

I am sure.. high level meeting will be arranged soon and this decision will have some alternate option soon.. :)

Relax...

Dont worry guys.... soon they will come up some stupid solution..

IMEI game was same.. all zero IMEIs were allowed for so many days just that corporates revenues should not get hurt..

I am sure.. high level meeting will be arranged soon and this decision will have some alternate option soon.. :)

Relax...

Will there be any problem for all handsets other than those supplied by Reliance?

previous.gif

Ya ya.....thats wat i was thinking..........

Wat abt our palm? I think it has esn, so.............