Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Saurav

Rental Plan

RIM no more mentions on website about plan with Rs 200 access charges. i think it has been discontinued.

but htey hv made rconnect costliest

RIM no more mentions on website about plan with Rs 200 access charges. i think it has been discontinued.

17532[/snapback]

RConnect was one of the attractions of RIM. But it seems they are now only interested in reducing voice calls. If they hv actually witdrwn 200pm plan that means min rate comes to 60/hr--- too much.

And what wll happn to the existing 200pm subscribers? I think its for the new customers.

They can come up with specific rcvs/plan for rconnect users... may be a bit higher voice calls but much lower data calls.

at Re 1/ min they can't compete Sancharnet.

I'd read in a newspaper article, rim has RConnect specially targeted at 'mobile executive' section who'll need net on the move ( using laptops).

Thats why such high rates.

It wants home users dare not use mobiles but use Reliance landline (like bsnl) to access net. But now even wireless has come down thanx to Tata.

Its trying to take the advantage of being the only provider of high speed connectios(compared to sancharnet dial up) in most of India.

Wait for tata expanding thier network ( it'll soon launch its service WB and Kolkata circles)... RIM will have 2 change 'mobile executive' with 'home users'

Edited by RSumit

Most of the users atleast majority of users using RCONNECT use it from home. Company can earn major revenue only if it targets a common customer.

Reliance occupies a lead over other mobile operators bcz with its plans it targetted common man with schemes like 501.

i think they want more people to shift to netway or broadband services which they will rovide soon.

Ya most of the RConnect users connect from home but theres diff bet how u access RConnect i.e via RIM or RIP.

This was what I was telling... reliance wants those who want cheaper access to take up RIP just as BSNL service on landline.

And since it targets common man so it is continuously reducing tariffs of the feature that most mobile users(common man) look for : voice call rates.

And with launch of Broadband they want to separate phone/mobile and internet. Thus allowing customers with very high net usage a solution while Netway as a complete family entertaintment package.

do anyone know how they are going to launch broadband. is it going to be wired or wireless broadband ?

also when it is going be available in bombay?

the access is definitely wired through ethernet. Optical fibre cables would be used for this regard. This type of a connection is generally called FTTC or fibre to the curb/kerb, wherein optical fibe cables are connected to a building. From that point(which is usually a juntion box) a CAT5 copper cable (very similar to the telephone cable) is provided to the end user.

The port to be used to connect the cable is standard ethernet port commonly called the LAN port. These are available for around rs 300 in the market, that is ofcourse if u do not already have one.

i think they have already launched it why don't u try calling *334

Edited by kartikeyamishra