Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Ashokjp

Android Development - Messaging App

Hai,

if there is any android developer or somebody good with java, help me out with this app...

Years back when bulk sms was just starting up, i had made a bulk sms app for a media firm. Dint have much personal interest in it. Later then i modified it and used it for sending sms using now sms gateway software on my pc && with an addition of archiving my inbox

Well leaving history.. well in android i am trying to make up an application which can sync up and down with my web app.

-- an sms sent from web, gets sent from my phone

-- my inbox gets archived in web with just a button click

-- incoming sms updated instantly on web

-- auto response to some keywords. like you have shortcode stuff

I am not verry well versed in java or android programming, but i try out tuts and know scratches here and there. So far the development has been till here

-- coded to fetch sms from my web app based on user login one by one and send it through phone.

-- coded to listen for incoming sms and post it immediately to web app for archiving.

The problem arises when there is no internet connectivity when an sms comes, i dont get an idea to queue things up. In my web app i already have code to import sms to inbox from Android(mmssms.db) as well as nokia pc suite(csv format) but i need some thing to have the file posted to my web app to have it processed.

Why develop such an app?

nothing much, just that i need an app tailored for my requirement.

Also this can be pretty usefull for ppl like me who do a bit of r&d with phone and sms is of major concern to me. this way i can keep my sms updated in web and access it from anywhere + convinience of sending from web + sms sent is also archived + sync down the sms back to mobile (no idea as of now) + run automated stuff based on keywords (not yet coded)

Edited by Ashokjp