Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vishalsheth

Who Uses Pre?

webos is one of the most innovative and best os to come after iphone and android

palm pre did everything out of box from day 1 what android does on 2.1 eclair

it has awesome hardware , pre has omap 3430 running at 600mhz classified under arm v7 which is equivalent to qualcomms snapdragon 1ghz

the webos os is intuitive and user experience is one of a kind , not to mention in just 9months palm rolled out 9 updates to webos and had lived upto its commitements , something that u dont see that often in todays world

even on gaming front it leaves android /windows mobile/symbian far behind , any one who doubts this have a look at palm pre palying hd games

synergy is awesome , its syncing capability are far better than other os , ask users who use palm pre to sync and the will tell u how much better it is to link all ur profiles and contacts

one big criticsm was availibility of apps , but now app count is also increasing and now there are more than 3000 apps and patches

and with public pdk going live this month there will be a huge surge of apps pouring in app catalogue as developers will just port apps from app store to app catalogue

inspite of all this , webos fails to get recognition is deserves, and credit for all that goes to some poor marketing and business decision taken by palm over last yr , they didnt release it in more prominet markets in asia , kept it on sprint for a very long time rather than tying up with a gsm operator

they kept webos to tehmselves rather than making it open source and giving it to other oem's like what google did , that would have turned tide in palms direction

and secondly its difficult to crack it down for reliance , unlike htc ,which leaves a sour taste in those who were not able to get this phone on reliance

but people who are using it , still like it for what it offers , many people i know use palm pre alongside with android

due to all mishaps by palm , inspite of having webos , their stocks are rolling down , sales are not so great

but a power user like me who changes phones more often, i still swear by my palm pre for what it offers

• Like 2