Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Samsung Galaxy I899 Launched In Reliance CDMA

Can some buddy tell the surfing speed on this phone using EVDO.I am using samsung Corby with EVDO & browsing on phone is almost similar to 1x.(EVDO already activated on my MDN)

Hi Friends,

First Let me wish you all a happy new year.

Now I have been using this phone for the past 4 months, and I have speedtest.net app on it.

I notice that the speed is almost always a constant of 240 to 300 kbps even if the EV reception is Full.

Is this normal ? Other friends who have this mobile can you confirm ?

I ask because I also have bsnl gsm 3g with a HTC legend, and the same app I get up to 3 MBPS download speed.

Also another problem I face in this phone is that the tower information is not constantly updated. For example, I have this mobile in my pocket, and if I look at the tower , it shows full . But, I try calling , it does not connect. Then, after a 5 seconds the tower goes to just one point. I think this is a problem because of older version of Android.

Has any one successfully installed newer version of Android on this Mobile ?

Thanks.

Data speeds are always calculated in bps meaning bits per second and not Bps which is bytes per second.

(1 Byte = 8 bits)

So 3mbps means 3 mega bits per second which will work out to be 384 KBps (Kilo bytes per second)

As per what you have mentioned you are getting a speed in between 2-3 mbps.

Its decent i think.

You are lucky unlike many of us who are using imported handsets with no evdo yet :Equivocado: