Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ayaz_cool

How To Lock Vcd?

i want to lock vcd.. so that no one can open in computer..... @ the same time it should be easily played on any vcd/dvd players.... any solutionzzz plz reply.... rimwebians plz help.... :sos: :sos:

^^ solution dose exist - it comprises of special media which has holes @ specific locations - but unfortunately they might be really expensive to get it manufactured for yourself. moreover nothing is impossible once the media is in computer sooner or later you can dump it and enjoy.

@ayaz_cool: there is no way that you can do that. Only hacks.

Like making a mixed-mode cd ( which again cant be guaranteed to run on every vcd/dvd player) having and autorun.inf which loads a custom executable, which inturn blocks access to the cd/dvd drive.

But then thats way too much to do for locking.

If i remember correctly this executable / softmode locking was used a few years ago by a record company.

I'd personally not suggest you to even look further into it. Its just not "feaseable" to do it.

Hi ayaz_cool,

Try this....

In a 700MB CD you can write 80 minutes of video in VCD format okay?

Now try this, prepair your video for 70 minutes and a black-only video for 8 minutes. Now add these two video tracks as track 1 & track 2.

Write the cd using Nero or other writing software with track-at-once method. In track-at-once method the TOC (Table of Content) written first then data/video and

at end it closes the session and then if you previously selected to finalize the cd it finalizes the cd.

At 98% or 99% of the writing progress restart the PC by pressing the reset button. It means at 98% or 99% it is actually writing the black-only video and the TOC

written at first and the session is still open it means computer cd/dvd can't read cd but it play on CD/DVD stand-alone players.

Try and reply.

there is no solution for locking the video CD / DVD.

If it is running on Player i can take composite out from player and connect to my TV tuner card and i can record it.

so there is no full proof solution for this.

• Like 1

I too think there is no solution :(

Hi ayaz_cool,

Write the cd using Nero or other writing software with track-at-once method. In track-at-once method the TOC (Table of Content) written first then data/video and

at end it closes the session and then if you previously selected to finalize the cd it finalizes the cd.

ly.

i will surely try this.. bt what is Track at once method can u plz reply me