Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
avishekghosh

Samsung Metro TV at a glance!

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is Metro Tv A GOOD CHOICE?

• YES
    • NO

Couple of last questions.

Does the mobile phone support contact photos and photo caller ID ?

Does the mobile phone support Per-Contact ring tone ?

Last but not least, question.

I have used Samsung Flo around 1 and half year and have been using my Nokia 6303 mobile phone since around 7 months, both of the mobile phones survived countless occasional drops.

Would Samsung Metro CDMA survive those situations ?

Does the mobile phone appears to be long lasting ?

@ Himanshu Singh

Both of you Samsung Metro CDMA owners are praising the look of the mobile phone.

I can't get any impressions by seeing the one and only photo available for that mobile phone.

If you don't mind, Can you shoot some photos of your mobile phone and post it here?

Metro cdma support photo caller id,& per contact ringtone also....

i dont know if it survives in a condition as described u or not...I seems that it is quite long lasting...

Hello Everybody

After getting lot of useful feedback from avishekgosh and himanshu singh, I am glad to let let you know that I have also bought Samsung Metro TV M519.

I'll post a detailed review about the mobile phone later.

But even after reading so much favourable feedback about the mobile phone, first impressions was very much positive.

:previous:

finally u made ur choice

@raghugs

Kitne main kharida?

It is in hindi....

I mean what is the price now?

Edited by avishekghosh

@raghugs

Kitne main kharida?

I don't know Punjabi language :( .

I am posting just the Pros and Cons about the mobile phone in my short experience with it.

Pros :

EVDO (Not tested yet)

Amazing out-of-the world call quality.

Appearance

Brilliant Display

Metal body

Slim footprint

Fantastic and sophisticated user interface.

Good speaker phone volume.

3.5mm Audio Jack

Cons :

Keypad

Screen size

No voice dialing

Funky icons

In a age of non-established brand's such Micromax and Intex's mobile phones costing 4.+k for similar features without EVDO, the Samsung Metro M519 is a great value.

I am just missing the voice dialing facility from my Nokia 6303 mobile phone and 99-speed-dial-entries from Samsung Flo.

The pros and cons posted above is purely my opinion.

I haven't tested the battery life performance.

Edited by raghugs

@raghus

Wat price u bought?

hey guys...i brought yesterday the metro tv....i found it very well crafted.i am listing few pros & cons as i hv experienced it:-

pros:-

[*]good ergonomics

[*]superior call quality

[*]good screen(but dont expect AMOLED quality of my N86)

[*]good interface

[*]slim body

[*]good battery back-up

[*]outstanding music performance

[*]whisper mode-really good

[*]good camera in its class

[*]strong signal

cons:-

[*]large java files not supported

[*]good mp4 videos can not be played

[*]no backlighting for soft keys,call/end keys & navigation keys

[*]not very small in length & width

i brought it for Rs 6299.00 from the tata indicom store(as i could not get it at reliance world or retailers). i think i made a very good decision by purchasing this product.its really beautiful.even the back side of phone is well designed and has a glossy touch.its just best in its class and economical too.

thanx to all who posted here their valuable views & reviews as i got this one cos of them.

But what i have experienced with Samsung CDMA Handsets is quality of phone is not upto mark, even Connetivity in some areas is not at all good in some problmatic areas where tower is low, but lg handset works flawlessly even BB

Very TRUE Parin Ji... I am using Duos259.. It is having serious s/w (firmware) problems and n/w connectivity (coverage) issues, the worst I have used till now (even Huwaei and Haier were much better in terms of reception)..

If I started writing my experiences of this phone, then nobody will buy this cr@p (Duos259)... The phone restarts @ the fall of hat, for example, just launch MusicPlayer to restart the mobile (Duos259)...

I think SAMSUNG is using India as a waste-basket, just sending the rejected quality pieces to our country.. All SAMSUNG low-end handsets (Eg: B&W Hero from TATA) has VOICE-ECHO problems... Many people will remember the CD-Drives from SAMSUNG, with the CD-DOOR-STRUCK problem in PCs...!! Later they released CD-Drives with BLUE-LABELS saying that they rectified those problems, but still that door-strucking problem persisted then...

LG is atleast better...

Dear Friend

My Duo 259 is working perfectly with TATA and Vodaphone . The only problem is it has only GSM Browsing on set. Blue tooth also supports GPRS dial up

to connect in CDMA Mode you have to connect by DATA Cable provided with phone battery Quality is good lasting 2 days with blue tooth Voice quality is good every thing is good worth purchasing Camera Quality is also good

Bought Samsung Metro tv for wife. The e-mail receiving is working fine but e-mail sending is not working. The error message that comes is "Network connect fail"

The configuration used is as follows:

E-mail : email@domain.com

Password : **********

SMTP : domain.com

SMTP port: 25

SMTP ID : email@domain.com

POP3 : domain.com

POP3 port: 110

Use same ID and password as SMTP

The above is the same configuration used in the OutlookExpress e-mail client and is working fine.

Went to samsung service center and they updated the phone OS but still the problem is not solved.

Any idea why the SMTP is not working?

@mathvar

Can u post ur current software version of metro tv?

to know ur current version just dial *#0000# in main screen.....

Hi one question regarding the phone does it has a micro usb charging slot or a samsung proprietary slot. It would be nice if someone can upload a few pics of this phone as it is impossible to find any back pics on net.

Edited by chitshar

Hi one question regarding the phone does it has a micro usb charging slot or a samsung proprietary slot. It would be nice if someone can upload a few pics of this phone as it is impossible to find any back pics on net.

Samsung Metro TV uses a Micro-USB connector for charging.

Even I had the same concern before buying the mobile phone as I experienced lot issues with propereitery connector.

Even I bought the mobile phone for Rs 6000.

I recently observed one problem with the mobile phone.

Front facia developed lot of wear and tear.

These wear and tear looks bad in reflection.

Moreover I observed that if we turn off mobile at night then only we can get two days standby, else it is hard.

How much battery life the other owners of Samsung Metro TV are getting ?

@raghugs

it gives me 2-2.5 days standby time with moderate usages...I never switch off my mobile.....

@mathvar

Can u post ur current software version of metro tv?

to know ur current version just dial *#0000# in main screen.....

Model: SCH-M519

SW : M519DC26

HW : M519.08

Another problem with Metro tv phone is, occasionally the screen turns on automatically and displays the location name as happens when we switch on the phone, some times this happens every 10 minutes, some times once every hour or so. We have full bars signal strength in our area.

@ mathvar

Thanks 4 ur reply......

BTW...This is not a problem.......it is as equal to the cell info display/broadcast service of gsm connection....this thing never happened with me...it may be due to ur n/w provider(Reliance cdma provide this cell location display facility with every rim cdma connection...I faced this issue in my lg 3530 with rim cdma connection).....I am using metro tv with MTS....& it never happened to me because MTS has not activated cell info display option till now....

Which connection r u using?

@ mathvar

Thanks 4 ur reply......

BTW...This is not a problem.......it is as equal to the cell info display/broadcast service of gsm connection....this thing never happened with me...it may be due to ur n/w provider(Reliance cdma provide this cell location display facility with every rim cdma connection...I faced this issue in my lg 3530 with rim cdma connection).....I am using metro tv with MTS....& it never happened to me because MTS has not activated cell info display option till now....

Which connection r u using?

We are using Reliance CDMA. It is cell info display, but it keeps poping up frequently on Metro tv phone, then the screen will turn ON, when this happens every 5-10 minutes it drains the battery. Same does not happen with my Corby, with reliance CDMA connection, it displays location only once.

Are you able to Receive/Send e-mail with Samsung Metro tv and MTS connection?

Anyone else using Samsung Metro tv and reliance CDMA able to Send/Receive e-mail?

Hello Everybody

How did you manage to install Google Maps in Samsung Metro TV.

Even i was able to install the application.

But when ever i try to start the application, it fails to connect to the internet.

I tried Google's GMail mobile application.

Even it is also not connecting to the internet.

This problem only happens in Google Applications.

Bitstreem Bolt, Opera Mini, NGPay are all working fine.

Can anybody give me some ideas to resolve this issue?

MTS does not start mobile internet in wb circle.....but I test email sending & receiving with reliance & its working fine for me....

I am also install google map in metro tv & this application is working fine for me......

MTS does not start mobile internet in wb circle.....but I test email sending & receiving with reliance & its working fine for me....

I am also install google map in metro tv & this application is working fine for me......

How did you install Google Maps.

Please elaborate it.

I download gmap from web in my computer & then transfer it to my ph. & then install it....

@ avishekghosh

Yesterday i am also was able to install Google Maps easily.

One small help, it may become useful for you too.

Can you try installing GMail application in your mobile phone.

For your convenience, i have attached the Jar file in this post.

The Jar file is meant for Samsung Metro 3G(GSM) mobile phone.

Even i can install it fine without any issues.

But i am not able to configure email accounts in it.

My mobile phone is restarting when ever GMail app tries to connect to the internet.

I want to check whether this happens in your end too.

mail_m2_ts.jar

Edited by raghugs

So i am assuming that all the users who have bought this phone are satisfied with its performance and all agree that it has good network reception, very good call quality and good battery performance. What about software is it good and stable or does it hangs or switches off or freezes automatically? I am planning to buy this handset in a weeks time and will like to know your opinion on above mentioned things and any other issues which you might have experienced.