Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pocha

How To Test A Java Application On Reliance Cdma Phones?

error :

Error starting Minkle : Module 'Minkle' has verification error 2157 at offset c671

error :

Error starting Minkle : Module 'Minkle' has verification error 2157 at offset c671

Hi Vikas,

This is little strange. Guess we need to get hold of a phone ourselves to figure out a solution.

Thanks for your help

error :

Vikas, just a quick suggestion - can you delete the old Minkle & try installing the Minkle for GSM phone on your mobile. After talking to Hitesh, it looks like the normal version of Minkle (if installed) should work fine on Reliance network too.

I would wait to know if it worked fine for you. Once installed, please access any App apart from SMS Chat app to see if it works. The data exchange would take sometime (15-30 sec) & it would show 'Getting Data' on the screen.

Thanks & i would wait for your response.

Ashish

error :

Did some research to come across http://forums.java.net/jive/message.jspa?messageID=330085 . The RAP API support that we have used in the app is built in only on reliance handset & not the normal CDMA handset using reliance SIM. So i think the app would not work on your phone. Try the normal GSM app, i think it should work.

^^^^ yes gsm one is working in my cdma blackberry 8830 :)

Hey Vikas - sounds good man :). Can you go to Apps & try using any of the apps- like bollywood or astrology. I just want to know if the data transfer over GPRS (1x in the case of reliance network) is happening fine. It would show 'Getting data' when it contacts server for data exchange.

Please let me know if it worked fine on your reliance phone.

Thanks a lot for your help man :).

Ashish

Please do not use 'SMS Chat', it does not use 1x data & completely works on sms. It would not work on reliance network at all i think. You may use 'Bollywood News & Gossip' or 'Astrology & Horoscope'. They would be ideal to use to see if it is working.

Thanks

Its working on 8830 as this phone have gsm software in it.

gsm version is not working on HTC Diamond.

Hey Vikas - sounds good man :). Can you go to Apps & try using any of the apps- like bollywood or astrology. I just want to know if the data transfer over GPRS (1x in the case of reliance network) is happening fine. It would show 'Getting data' when it contacts server for data exchange.

Please let me know if it worked fine on your reliance phone.

Thanks a lot for your help man :).

Ashish

Hi Vikas,

Hitesh might be correct in quoting that data transfer might happen from the GSM channel. Can you try installing & running Minkle with the GSM card removed so that it is for sure that all the things are happening via the CDMA channel.

Thanks again for your help.

Ashish

^^^ my dear i am using relaince cdma mode only i dont use it for gsm, ur application works fine

Its working on 8830 as this phone have gsm software in it.

gsm version is not working on HTC Diamond.

We have put up a new version for HTC mobile by removing all the messaging/sms code at http://minkle.in/m/private.php . Do give it a shot & let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks

Edited by pocha

Hi Vikas,

Hitesh might be correct in quoting that data transfer might happen from the GSM channel. Can you try installing & running Minkle with the GSM card removed so that it is for sure that all the things are happening via the CDMA channel.

Ashish

data transfer is not happening thru gsm channel, your software will work on any phone,

only that sms part of the software will not work on most cdma phones, as in cdma sms technology is diffrent than GSM (SMS handling )

I have tested you other gsm software which dont have sms part, it works like charm ,

Also you dont worry about cdma or gsm software, there is no such thing like software for cdma or software for gsm (for general software)

we are using same version on google apps on gsm and cdma, on both it works perfect. (e.g gmail java app)

will give a try to this new software which you said you have removed sms part from it,

is it same which i tested yesterday night ?

Hi Vikas,

Ashish

data transfer is not happening thru gsm channel, your software will work on any phone,

only that sms part of the software will not work on most cdma phones, as in cdma sms technology is diffrent than GSM (SMS handling )

I have tested you other gsm software which dont have sms part, it works like charm ,

Also you dont worry about cdma or gsm software, there is no such thing like software for cdma or software for gsm (for general software)

we are using same version on google apps on gsm and cdma, on both it works perfect. (e.g gmail java app)

will give a try to this new software which you said you have removed sms part from it,

is it same which i tested yesterday night ?

Yes correct that is the same software in which we have removed the sms code. Choose the HTC version of Minkle please.

Advance thanks

minkle_NOSMS is working fine on HTC !

• Like 1

minkle_NOSMS is working fine on HTC !

Thanks a lot Hitesh, that is a great news :).

^^^

this software will be free service right ?

^^^

this software will be free service right ?

yes it is free. The sms based service like IRCTC would not work though in your version.