Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sa1974

Essential Accessories For The Htc Evo 4G

Great going guys ! Your enthusiasm and collective knowledge share on the latest CDMA Android phones, and the effort to get them working successfully on Reliance, has encouraged me to pre-order my HTC EVO 4G with Sadiq / Zyed :signthankspin: Scorpionking.9000's unboxing of the EVO (Congrats Mate, the new phone looks good :clap: ) was an interesting watch and I share the excitement. From the video the only thing packed in the box, apart from the phone, is the battery, wall charger and USB cable - there was no mention of the 8Gb Micro SD which I assume is already in the phone ? I am listing below a few accessories I have / Need for the EVO 4G and it would be great to hear from boarders on your recommendations for products / accessories that you have used / bought / researched.

Leather Flip Case

I am hoping to get some accessories for the EVO before it arrives, especially a good leather flip case. Have searched the net but have not seen a flip case that gives access to the phone while it is in the case. The one I have for the iPhone 3GS works really well. All the leather cases that I have come across for the EVO are sliders. Seidio, Incipio (I have this for my Storm 9530), Amzer etc have silicon / hard shell cases that leave the screen prone to damage.

Screen Guard / Skin

For the Screen Guard I will probably go in for the ZAGG - invisibleSHIELD which has worked well for me in the past - PSP 3000, Storm 9530. They have a twitter account zaggdaily that gives out discount codes which you can use during checkout to save 20 to 50%.

Battery

A phone like the EVO 4G barely stays in the case :Riendo: While the wall charger, Car Charger and USB should take care of keeping the EVO charged on most occasions, a battery pack would really ensure that the EVO 4G never runs out of charge. I have the ZAGGsparq 2.0 (6000 mAh, with 2 USB charging ports) which should have enough juice to keep the EVO up and running 24/7. ZAGG was kind enough to replace my ZAGGsparq 1.0, which was recalled due to charging issues, at no cost. I think it should work out slightly more expensive than a Seidio battery but with 3 times the juice !

Windshield Mount

The generic Windshield Mounts that you get on ebay.in should work well as they allow for both portrait and landscape orientation of the device.

Car Charger

Have tried a few from eBay.in for my HTC Mogul but these are inconsistent. Have been using the ZAGGsparq instead.

External Speakers

Not sure how the speaker quality is on the EVO 4G for watching movies / listening to music. If you do not want to use a stereo headset For great audio quality without compromising, much, on the portability - the x-mini usb speakers should work really well. Got these from ebay.in and I use them to listen to media on my laptop. They perform really well.

Please do share your research / recommendations for accessories.

Battery

A phone like the EVO 4G barely stays in the case :Riendo: While the wall charger, Car Charger and USB should take care of keeping the EVO charged on most occasions, a battery pack would really ensure that the EVO 4G never runs out of charge. I have the ZAGGsparq 2.0 (6000 mAh, with 2 USB charging ports) which should have enough juice to keep the EVO up and running 24/7. ZAGG was kind enough to replace my ZAGGsparq 1.0, which was recalled due to charging issues, at no cost. I think it should work out slightly more expensive than a Seidio battery but with 3 times the juice !

Very much needed for EVO. My friend in US says he gets 4 hours battery life when WiMAX radio is ON, and around 8 hours with just 3G radio ON (GPS Off, WiMax Off, WiFi/Bluetooth Off).

i have a brand new zagg invi shiled for nokia e90 ! if anyone wants it for cheap !

Hi zaag invisible guard u can get Mr husein bhai 9823176999 & sedeio cover u can get Mr Mandar bhai #9892998828 from ismail goa I m also using evo I bht frm Saddik bhai .

Guys i dont understand 1 thing...why is zagg invisible sheild so expensive...i mean 1k for a scratch guard...is it really worth...u get good scratch guards for at most 300 bucks...what is the big difference in zagg...is it really worth ?

and ppl i m looking at buying a case/cover for htc evo..if any1 can let me know..where i can find it in mumbai or if someone out here is selling it ...thanx

Zagg is a whole body cover kind of thing isnt it?

Zagg is a whole body cover kind of thing isnt it?

its not a cover....there is full body protection though which is in laymen terms like laminating your entire phone (costs around 1800 bucks)...the one i was talking about was only the front screen protection which looks like any other scratch guard :)

Rahul,

The zagg invisibleshield is an excellent option though expensive. I had it on my psp3000 and blackberry storm 9530 and it worked great on the storm for over 1 year. The psp3000 has had it for over 15 months and it still looks great, no issues. Look at their twitter feed, you can sometimes get 50% off, got mine that way, worked out to less than 1200 bucks including shipping for the full body shields. I have not however bought this for my EVO which is well protected with a PDAIR book type leather case which lets me use the phone without taking it out, only problem is that the phone tends to slide out from the top if you are not careful, which ideally should have a band to retain the phone inside the case. They have a flip type as well but I think it does not have a cutout for the camera. Overall I am happy with the PDAIR book type case which you can get for $28 including shipping and it should arrive in 10 days.

Cyber Monday sale at ZAGG , they are offering 50% off sitewide only for today !

^^

thanx bro for the info...i hv seen mixed reviews on it over the net...but imo i still think 1k for a scratch guard is too much...it may be well worth it ...still the felling of spending over 1000 bucks for a screen protector is difficult for me to digest

well i have ordered a cheap yet decent scratch guard at ebay...expecting it in a day or two...for cover i have my mind on the commuter series from otterbox...i was expecting some good deals on ebay coz of cyber monday...but to my surprise ebay.in and GEB has no deals on the cases...

can u givme the link whaere u bought the leather case from...?

Sorry for the late response. Check out http://www.pdair.com/ for the evo 4g leather cases, quality is very good, I am happy with it. Only issue you have to look at in the book type case, is the issue of no protection from the phone falling out from the top if you accidently hold it upside down. My EVO has fallen out of the case twice, fortunately not a scratch !

but u can go for stealth..which covers whole phone for just Rs.152 only

Harish i guess stealth is not a case but it is like a screen guard that covers your handset completly more a sort of lamination. Plz correct me if i am wrong!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Correct, but that is what he said/meant anyway

OH my bad! And where can I get the Stealth BTW i am looking it for HTC incredible...

see:

• Like 1

+1 For Arun Chetan :Riendo: And :signthankspin: for that swift reply!