Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
cmahendra

How 2 Mod And Setup Smc 3G Wifi Router (Reliance Version)?

^ looking forward for more info kunal bhai.. BSNL 3G works great on the modem (huawei e1550) provided by Shripalji..

Edited by aalok

An Abservation:

When I connect USB Modem to pc and use it, my connection indicator on pc shows as "HYBRID" that means 3G (above 1mbps speed) is connected, but after some time, the connection goes bad or slower and it starts showing "Hi-speed 1X" (below 144kbps speed) so we are back on 1x speed.

"But If I connect 3G USB modem to 3G USB Router, I always got good 3G speed and thats amazing!" Thougt just to add this observation. In simple words, "tested and genuine" hardware solutions are always better than software solutions. Here by software solution I mean the Proproietory Reliance Dialer software we need to install in our pc which does not perform perfect as hardware dialer in 3G router. Anyways.... everyone will get thier own results.

Goodluck pals....

Edited by cmahendra

6. Dial Code: #777

7. APN Service: internet

8. 3G Username: 9323XXXXXX << your datacard number

9. 3G Password: 9323XXXXXX << your datacard number

Just one important point for other Wifi Routers:-

If the setting with 'internet' does'nt work then, Set the APN to 'blank' (dont type anything) for other wireless router brands

Repeat .. For Reliance EVDO Netconnect Data Cards 3G, the APN needs to be set to 'blank' (not 'rcomnet', not 'rcomwap' & not 'internet')

The above is the net result after 2 days of sar-phodi (head banging) ..LOL

• Like 1

6. Dial Code: #777

7. APN Service: internet

8. 3G Username: 9323XXXXXX << your datacard number

9. 3G Password: 9323XXXXXX << your datacard number

Just one important point for other Wifi Routers:-

If the setting with 'internet' does'nt work then, Set the APN to 'blank' (dont type anything) for other wireless router brands

Repeat .. For Reliance EVDO Netconnect Data Cards 3G, the APN needs to be set to 'blank' (not 'rcomnet', not 'rcomwap' & not 'internet')

The above is the net result after 2 days of sar-phodi (head banging) ..LOL

hi n_iceman

nice addition man. just let us make it more clear. What you have mentioned could be right in your city HYDERABAD, but as I already mentioned before that these are perfectly working settings for MUMBAI. Generally the internet servers are different in different cities or circles, therefore their settings may vary at some extent. Anyways keep posting.

Mahendra