Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mywebid

Gprs/edge Packet Connection Getting Dropped Every 1-2 Minutes

I just got a new RIM GSM Prepaid connection (in Noida) mainly to use GPRS/EDGE by connecting my phone to PC (I use net very less for browsing purpose only). I have Nokia 6233 handset (GPRS/EDGE capable) and I am using Bluetooth to connect my phone to PC. I have subscribed to Rs. 98 GPRS pack for 30 day (2.5 GD data).

I am able to connect to GPRS from my PC connected to phone. The problem I am facing is that the GPRS connection on phone is getting dropped at every 1 minute or so with error "Packet data connection closed by network". The same is happening when I browse on my phone using Wap. The connection is getting disconnected every 30 secs with same error and I am not able to download even 100 KB of file on phone or on PC :angry:

The network at my place is good - bar fluctuating from 3-5

Is this due to crappy Reliance GSM network or is there some setting tweak which I can do so that GPRS packet connection is not dropped every 1 minute? :sos:

Edited by mcwintek

Friend, this problem is due to the RGSM network. I experienced the same problem while I was using Tata Docomo connection. Now I changed to Idea network and the problem is solved

I just got a new RIM GSM Prepaid connection (in Noida) mainly to use GPRS/EDGE by connecting my phone to PC (I use net very less for browsing purpose only). I have Nokia 6233 handset (GPRS/EDGE capable) and I am using Bluetooth to connect my phone to PC. I have subscribed to Rs. 98 GPRS pack for 30 day (2.5 GD data).

I am able to connect to GPRS from my PC connected to phone. The problem I am facing is that the GPRS connection on phone is getting dropped at every 1 minute or so with error "Packet data connection closed by network". The same is happening when I browse on my phone using Wap. The connection is getting disconnected every 30 secs with same error and I am not able to download even 100 KB of file on phone or on PC :angry:

The network at my place is good - bar fluctuating from 3-5

Is this due to crappy Reliance GSM network or is there some setting tweak which I can do so that GPRS packet connection is not dropped every 1 minute? :sos:

may be network problem in ur area gives this trouble to u... use access point as "rcomnet" if u wanna browse in laptop/pc. are u a subscriber of reliance smart gsm service...