Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ganesh

Overclocking The Cpu

hey guys i was just wondering how many of you overclock cpu.i am having an AMD XP2600+ overclocked to an extra 200Mhz.its running without any problems so far. i need to share experiences if anyone used/uses overclocking of cpu and find out more about this thingy.i have seen people on the web using even water cooling solutions for cooling overclocked cpu.

:D

From my experience i can tell that you cannot overclock every time... I tried overclocking some time back..

What happened was that bcoz of heating up the computer started resetting on its own.

Traditionally Intel CPUs do not support overclocking much.

But if you have the PC in a Temperature controlled environment with AC and all and also have water cooling then you can over clock a bit more...

ganes, u really want a super- overclocked CPU??

well, as far as AMD goes, dunno about this XP2600+ , but the older ones,

had those metal contacts (gold) out of which 3 were opened and rest were connected, if u use a pencil and close those contacts with each other, u can over clock it to as much as 25% ,

but u better have some sort of cooling...

water cooling would be gr8, but it shuldnt leak ;)

Well, with my XP2600+, i have done 2153(1907 being original).i have not increased the voltage so far. and i am getting a 1000MIPS more performance without any additional cooling other than one fan on cpu and another one which s**ks out cabin heat.But what i want to know is about voltage increase.

Theoratically i have now XP2600+ O'clocked to XP3000+ ;)

i need MORE

if i bump the voltage from 1.65 to 1.7, i can bump the fsb more 50MHZ, and that will almost increase another 200MIPS. but even after looking at the datasheet of Athlon processor i could not find the absolute maximum voltage.

all 2600+,2800+,3000+ and 3200+ runs on same 1.65volts.so i cannot come to a conclusion easily ;)

Has anyone bumped the voltage on AMD. as of now my XP2600+ barton with 333MHZ fsb and 512K cache memory overclocks and rocks.

i need to know how further i can go without water cooling :thumb:

hmm. multiplier is locked?

what i want to do is to use DDR400 RAM, increase FSB to 400 Mhz and lower the multiplier so that the clock speed of the processor remains at 1907 mhz.

it results in a significant performance boost without heating the processor.

but make sure the PCI and AGP Clocks are locked.

multiplier is unlocked on Nforce2 chipsets.

which chipset do u have?

or u can unlock the multiplier but shorting the L1 bridges using conductive paste. very risky. Toms Hardware (www.tomshardware.com) has a video of the job.

Yeah!! i have Nforce2 krypton motherboard with built in GEForce MX.

XP2600+ barton :D

And biosbhai, what tempretures does your Tbred 2400+ run ???

i have a tbred 2600+ at office from which i type this message running at 62 degrees without any overclocking :D

my tbred runs at 55C without overclocking and no load.

on load also the temps remain pretty much the same.

2600+ at 62C without overclocking means some problem is there.

u need to properly apply the heatsink paste. i think some local thermal paste was used instead of something like Artic Silver. Local thermal paste can result in such high temperatures.

I think you should clean the inside (especially the heatsink) , put in some extra fans.

Hmmm the PC is an Acer branded pc under warranty. i cannot do anything inside it.anyway none of my biz since my systems admin will get screwed :D

As i told, i increased FSB from 166 to 187.No probs so far and temps remain under 50 degrees even under full load with some MPEG recording etc.The GForce driver is giving troubles sometimes. it locks my pc suddenly even if i dont overclock.i am downloading the latest driver now.But i cannot see a proper USB device driver for nForce2 MCP chipset. does anyone have any idea ????

HEY! u said u have the board with the integrated Geforce 4 MX right?

IMHO, that board should not be overclocked. My asus A7N8X-VM board (same chipset as urs) has no overclocking options at all!!

changing FSB here will change the AGP bus clock and PCI bus clock. This will cause instability and crashes. U need to have a mobo without integrated AGP to overclock.

Edited by biosbhai

But in my mobo, the agp clock and pci clk remains same at 100mhz agp and 66Mhz pci(not sure abt pci).even when i change the fsb, the agp clock remains the same,i have not experienced any probs as of now.the nvidia sysutility shows u can overclock from the windows menu itslef without affecting agp bus. :clap: