Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sxg2096

Win2k And Rd2130 Usb Modem

hi,

i got a rd2130 phone and trying to install it on ibm t23 laptop running win2k sp4.

first problem i had was, it refused to recognize the modem. after installing the drivers, i would plug in the phone, it would install the usb <-> serial, high speed serial convertor, but would not install the usb modem, just used to sit there.

i found a patch to win2k sp4 from microsoft, where they mentioned some drivers may have a problem with sp4. after installing that, i got the modem to install correctly, just like it says in the manual. windows autodetected it and installed it.

now the problem is, when i click on r-connect to connect, it says in Status box:

0797:N/A A connection to the remote computer could not be established because the modem was not found or was busy

If I go to control panel -> phone and modems -> run diagnostics on lg usb modem, it says "port already open"

modem and the usb serial port are both installed on com4. see attached screen shot. i am at my wits end.

can anyone help?

thanks

post-2505-1103870556_thumb.jpg

Try to check whether the phone is communicating with PC Sync software. Also, try and see if changing the port number helps.

Try to check whether the phone is communicating with PC Sync software. Also, try and see if changing the port number helps.

22757[/snapback]

changing the port number doesnt seem to help and its not communicating to the pcsync either. however, i know the phone and cable are good as i am able to connect a different pc successfully. i spoke to some of my friends at work who have the same ibm laptop, and they all had nightmares with win2k and have upgraded to winxp to get this thing to work. i am going to get a serial cable also to try out before upgrading to winxp, unless someone has solved this problem already :angry:

I have nokia 2112, it was working fine but suddenly it started giving this annoying error

0797:N/A A connection to the remote computer could not be established because the modem was not found or was busy.

I have Win2000 Professsional. I a have tried every thing like restarted the PC and mobile as well. And I am sure that the cable is fine, As I was working minute before.

thanks

chandan