Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nio75

New Qwerty Phone Cdma/gsm Qt-56

Just saw this phone, Has any one any idea of this phone i haven't saw any topics relating to this.....

Spice Mobile have recently launched Spice QT-56 their Flexi Dual Phone i.e. Phone with GSM as well as CDMA capability.

Spice QT-56 is a Dual SIM Mobile phone with one SIM Slot fixed for GSM SIM Cards where as the 2nd SIM Slot can be used by a GSM SIM or a CDMA SIM, so the users have the flexibility of using GSM as well as CDMA in the samephone. The main advantage of QT-56 is this feature as there are very few phones in market with this feature. This phone is available for Rs.4,500 in India.

Features and Specifications of Spice QT-56:

* Flexi DUAL (GSM/CDMA+GSM)

* GSM 900/1800, CDMA 800

* DATA on CDMA

* 2.2” TFT LCD

* Digital Camera with Video record & Play

* QWERTY Keypad

* Expandable Memory

* Bluetooth

* Wireless FM with recording

* MP3 Player

* Torch

* 1000 mAh Battery

It is in the market for quite some time. nothing exceptional, it could have given MVL a good competition but alas..

just another cheap chines make phone with a good markup.. oh yeah dual sim.

Well I purchased this phone, and it has been the a bad choice, and the worse part is, that my friend also bought the same phone the very next day when he saw it in my hand.

The phone is no good, the most disturbing part is the battery life, it says 1000 mAh but it last for only 15-20 hours as standby and 1 to 1.30 hours of talk time not more then that.

1. It is a CDMA modem phone, cannot use GSM modem if you have to connect your laptop via phone.

2. Jave is crap its bull ****, never loads even the java enabled pages, java application...well forget it.

3. cannot connect the phone to computer, it does not read, in order to add file to memory card, you need to remove the memory card and use an alternative card reader to add/delete data from it.

4. Voice clarity is missing.

5. No (REALLY BAD) internal memory at all, being a multimedia phone.

6. Message tone, welcome image, cannot be customized.

7. I have not been able to customize the image on the screen, as it does not support the resolution of any size (dont know what is the resolution it will except.

8. Camera is not at all good, I have a better VGA camera on LG phone, the the images that are taken from this phone cannot be used as wallflower due to unsupported resolution.

I had to take the set to the service center for battery issues, which they fixed it to some extent, which is that now, my phone is on standby for 20 hours or so, and if I make 4-5 calls, it will stand for 15 hours or so.

bottom line...............

Please don't buy this phone, I'm not suggesting Spice as a brand is bad, but this particular model QT56 is big failure, it is loaded with features but of no good.

With my experience LG is the only CDMA phones which are the best by far from any other brand, in terms of Value for money, battery life, user friendly, and of-course rough and tough.

Good Luck

Were you able to swap between Gsm and Cdma quickly? Or are they both active at the same time?

Not LG alone, even Samsung makes good OMH handsets and are of excellent quality. Try them next time :)