Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Handler

Wifi Problem On My Reliance Bb 8350

Dear RIM Gurus

I got a 8520 Curve on official Reliance today and I’m having some real problems with the WiFi. I’ve scanned automatically for networks and manually added my house WiFi but nothing is working. When I add the appropriate network, on the “Manage Connections” page the WiFi box has a tick in it and a green “On”, however whilst my mobile network also has a green tick the WiFi only has a white dash. I cannot browse the internet and an error that i am not connected shows up. I have not yet subscribed to the BIS . I thought i will browse internet just using wifi. Please help.

Does it show "Internet Browser" or "Hotspot Browser" on the top?

Enable WiFi, then take Manage Connections > WiFi Options > select the profile by pressing Menu key > Wi-Fi Tools > Ping

Try to ping a IP like 4.2.2.2

Does it show Reply or Time out?

you have to enable Data Service in Manage Connection options + wifi on... then you can browse the internet on hotspot browser.

i was doing the same mistake. BB by default prefers Wifi>BIS>TCP/IP (though would like senior members to confirm it)

if your wifi is not working then better to visit BB service center. also one small info req ? from where did u got 8350 ?  we only know 8530.