Please Suggest a good CDMA Handset with EVDO

dear all,

please do suggest me a good handset CDMA for 5k -10k

evdo is must.

camera not needed.

QWERT preferred.

thanks.

evdo is must.

In 5-10K...... not much options, u may go for Samsung Corby.

MTS had also launched a few handsets with EVDO recently, u may check that also.

[Why youdo go for EVDO when launch of 3G is in advance stages Perhaps you have

lot of money

:previous: I second that, why are you going for EVDO (which is not available in all areas) when 3G is just around the corner?? You dont get many options too within this range other than the likes of Samsung Corby, LG cookie zip..

look for a second hand handset also

:previous: I second that, why are you going for EVDO (which is not available in all areas) when 3G is just around the corner?? You dont get many options too within this range other than the likes of Samsung Corby, LG cookie zip..

I think this is just an assumption... even currently evdo has more coverage than 3G, we have to just see when it is being provided for mobile user

Absolutely, I feel HSDPA(GSM-3G) coverage never going to match EVDO(CDMA-3G) coverage on foreseeable future.

It's just for the reason, deploying HSDPA is quite costly affair(more towers needed to be erected) which I feel operators will not go beyond Tier-II cities in the initial years of operation.

EVDO expansion is quite easy just by upgrading current CMDA towers with new hardware.

I don't agree that in HSDPA, you've more options in 5K-10K range because all those handsets in that range marketed as 3G has inferior version of 3G called UMTS(WCDMA) which has just speed of 384 Kbps. This speed is totally no match for EVDO Rev. A at 3.1 Mbps

Don't buy GSM-3G handset just by hearing term 3G but always look for the version of GSM-3G it supports.

Please avoid GSM-3G handsets which supports only UMTS(WCDMA) and has speed of 384 Kbps.

Please go for the GSM-3G handsets which support minimum of HSDPA 3.6 Mbps which can be considerd as competitor for EvDO

I recommend everyone to buy handsets which support HSDPA 7.2 Mbps or above which surely can give better experience than EvDO Rev. A

Now, looking at the handsets available in the market which can support HSDPA 7.2 Mbps and above, almost everything is priced above 10K

In nutshell, To experince GSM-3G which is better than CDMA-3G(EVDO) you've to spend more than 10K.

Today we all know the EVDO coverage of all the CDMA operators but nobody knows what will be 3G coverage of any operator other than BSNL/MTNL.

Guys, now you can decide for yourself at the moment which is riskier proposition.

Edited by kesav
  • Like 2

Samsung mPower TxT SCH-m369 (yet another CDMA OMH Handset from Samsung)

m369.jpg

Some Features :

CDMA 1X,

EvDo Rev. 0,

800Mhz,

2.2” TFT-QVGA LCD (262K Color),

QWERTY,

Live TV (Embedded MobiTV),

2MP Camera with Video Recording,

Brew 3.1.5,

E-Mail (Active Sync),

Full Browsing/Music Library/Doc Viewer,

3.5mm Audio jack,

BT v2.0,

USB v2.0.

SMS Capacity - 1000,

Phonebook Capacity - 2000,

User Memory : 104 MB (Expandable Upto 16 GB)

Palringo (IM) preinstalled

Link