Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
techspark

Are Cheap (Screen Ward) Screen Protectors Good Enough ?

i saw some screen protectors which were cheap ones of ScreenWard brand...can they b trusted.?.i dont wanna spoil my new handset (HTC EVO) if they are really bad...js want to know if any one of u hv used ScreenWard screen protectors (which are there all over ebay). if so let me know the experience...i don mind even if they come off after 6 months...my only concern is that they should in no way harm my screen :)

i dunno which one i hav...i got a screen guard for 300rs ... there were two qualities with the dealer...one 50rs and the other 300rs... i got the 300rs one for my htc incredible :) im satisfied :D

previous.gif Dude, no offence, but that answer does not help. He wants to know the difference between variably priced screen protectors. Also, no point in paying 300 instead of 50 if the qualities are similar. For all you know, some shopkeepers may be conning you by selling you the same/similar thing at variable prices. Right question would be:

• What benefit do the more expensive ones offer?
  • Are the cheaper ones harmful to the phone in any way?
  • Any specific brands that are supposed to be good/better?

I would really like to know these answers myself. Hope others here have some experience/knowledge about this.

Screen ward is good enough, buy from local market of HTC HD2, it fits well but leaves a bit below but doesnt really matter.

Costs around 100 in local market!

300rs one was much bettr than the 50 rs one re :) .... u can easily find out the difference.... and i hve been using screen guards on many of my mobiles...no harm caused till date :) hope this helps

@ tc go to local shops...check the various screen guards available and choose the best one....now dun say i dun wanna roam around for screen guards :P if u love ur phone u ought to do :) get the best stuff be safe :D

I got rinco screen protector...rinco/screenward/adpo are all same as far as quality goes...they are all decent..i got a specific one for evo..so it fits fine...only issues with these cheap protectors are air bubbles and they do attract finger marks...but i guess they can be cleaned off easily..and one more thing..they get scratched pretty easily.

For the price i would recommend them...they are holding up good on my devic despite the 2 bubbles i have...the screen has same responsiveness and unless you see the bubbles u cannot tell that i have the screen protector on.

Hope it helps.

^i went to mobile shop asked for my screen guard brand :P he showed me that its rinco :) ... rinco costed me 300 bucks :| is it correct pricing or did i pay extra?

i will suggest you to test your screen protectors on following test

for testing use your bike or car key

poke a key on screen guard, it should not brake,

paste this screen protector on any glass, and scratch with your keys, check the result on glass.

remove the screen protector from glass, and check the glass surface for sticky ness, it should get clean after simple wipe by cloth.

if all test gets pass, then go for it,

its just a 50 rs screen protector so buy 2-3 for sspace and for testing.

आहो कुलकर्णी साहेब , एकदा करून तरी बघा !!

Edited by ::Hitesh::
  • Like 2

^i went to mobile shop asked for my screen guard brand :P he showed me that its rinco :) ... rinco costed me 300 bucks :| is it correct pricing or did i pay extra?

Sorry to say but u paid more...rinco brand is available locally at rs 50-100 depending on d handset model..usually the newer handsets are priced higher ...i got mine for rs175 as I bought it online.

^ya figured it out later :( ab kuch nahi kar saktha :( next tym il be careful :D