Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Karthik R

Samsung Gloria - New Tablet?

samsung_gloria_mock-up.jpg

Another image going rounds.

samsung-gloria-mockup.jpg

If word out on the web is to be believed, then Samsung is designing a 10.1-inch Windows 7 tablet dubbed Gloria. Gloria’s got the looks and packs more than she reveals.

Although the Samsung Galaxy Tab sold a million copies so far, the tablet market is far from saturated. With other competitors being announced (the BlackBerry PlayBook is just one of them) and other rumored (such as the iPad 2), Samsung should be conscious of the market pulse and is already planning new additions to strengthen its tablet range.

In this waters a new rumor is born. Some people believe that the Samsung Gloria is the name of the first tablet from the new series, and word has it the Gloria will run Windows 7 and will feature a 10″ display. There are also mentions of a physical sliding-out QWERTY keyboard, although that doesn’t seem that likely to us as that just doesn’t fit to what a tablet should be all about.

An integral part of Microsoft’s UMPC project and production of its very own Samsung Q1 as well as a QWERTY thumb-board flaunting touchscreen device, the Samsung Q1U, Samsung’s Window tablet is not its first offer.

Gloria will flash a 10-inch touchscreen with a custom UI layer completely developed in house to stand out in design and styling. Indications of the devices progress from some people at Blogee, show that Samsung is reading the device for its launch in 2011

As such, Samsung intends on making a go of it in early 2011, targeting a March or April release… just in time for the iPad 2 :Chulo:

Sourced info from the web.

^^^

Good use of Photoshop !!!

• Like 1

Both images are fake, first one has a 2008 date in top left corner, and the second one shows the windows desktop taskbar. Though it would be good if they do come up with a sliding keyboard tablet. That would blow iPad out of the water.

• Like 1

^^^ definitely a fake-----now some one will buy it for 2000/- LOL

another example of fake:

audrina-patridge-real-or-fake_400x350.0.0.0x0.400x350.jpeg

no need for Photoshop

@Hitesh

this has become your permanent signature:

I am out of station for some urgent work, Please communicate on Gmail

Edited by Genius

^^^ Vinaybhai, I think he is out all the time...

@Genius / Greatest

My company dont let me stay in home town, i am gona kill my boss some day. death.gif

Now in Hyderabad and cant enjoy Biryani cursing.gif

Edited by ::Hitesh::

^^^ are yar jab khana nahi rehata to jate kahe ho ----- chup chap jao aur khao....sham ko....

Boss ko marne ki supari Kunal ko de do....

nospam.gifWe are spasming this post, chalo eske uper ek general chat main ek topic nikalo ...Contento.gif Edited by ::Hitesh::

Both images are fake, first one has a 2008 date in top left corner, and the second one shows the windows desktop taskbar. Though it would be good if they do come up with a sliding keyboard tablet. That would blow iPad out of the water.

Good observations.

^^^

LOL observations ????

If it is win 7 tablet, task bar has to be there, as its windows,

and how come date shown in photo makes photo real or fake, look at the photo properties, and then say the date.

From these two points i cant say its fake, Thats why i said good use of Photoshop.

open these images in photo shop and read the meta data then you will get the real info.

The only thing we know for sure is that Samsung is going to release a new tablet in the first half of next year to compete with RIM's Playbook and expected Ipad 2 :grin:

Microsoft should give win mobile 7 to manufacturers for making TABS, Win 7 is kinda old now.

Hitesh ji,

A 2008 photo of Win7? And also no tablet PC has desktop style taskbars complete with volume button, start button, quick launch button etc. Till winmo 6.1 we used to have computer style interface and that is why no one used it. So I am pretty sure in Win7 tablet they would not make same mistake. A tablet would have redesigned UI. Anyway it is proven these are photoshopped so no point discussing.