Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kesav

TATA's EVDO Coverage

As I've not seen a relevant topic for discussing TATA's EVDO coverage, I've started this thread.

Let me begin by giving some good news.

After a long lull in the EVDO segment, TATA is beginning to show some movement with addition of cities/towns to its list.

http://www.tataphoton.com/tata-photon-plus-on-computer.aspx

Let us hope TATA will expand at least at the half of the pace at which RCOM is exploding in EVDO segment.

:grin::clap::Sorprendido:

TATA is also following the footsteps of RCom wrt EV-DO coverage list... Now they can easily increase the "Number of cities covered by EV-DO in TN to 1000" by including "MG Road, T.Nagar, WashermanPet, Central, Egmore, PeriyaMedu, Paris_Corner, Muttu_chanthu, Gents Lavat0ry, Ladies Lavat0ry, park, beach, light house, 1000 lamp, Airport, Airport road, Bus_Stand, Bus_Stand road, Spenzer plaza" as ONE CITY EACH, in coming days... :rofl_200:

They provide EV-DO blanket coverage in J&K and Assam + NE area only... TO WHOM they are TARGETING THEIR BL00DY PRODUCTS??? They better sell their CDMA business to MTS (a rumour circulating for few months)...

:previous:

Tata Docomo is a long way from being profitable, so they wont risk selling the CDMA business which attained break even and is currently leading certain segments like Photon plus in data card.

Now, TATA's EVDO coverage has reached 127 cities/towns.....

Still, TATA is not keeping pace with even MTS in its EVDO expansion. Just forget about RCOM which is way ahead in coverage.

http://www.tataphoton.com/tata-photon-prepaid.aspx (click availability tab)

Another good thing is TATA has started showing coverage map for each city/town in the lines of RCOM.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dear friends

TATA isdoing one very strange thing They are taking out already running CDMA Towers and placing them to

other cities This shows

1Ratan TATA is really more than 60 year old

2Thousands of customers of old tower will have to sell their handsets but who will purchase

3Now it ias sure TATA will not spend a single pie on CDMA

• Like 1

^

Source please. This does not make much sense if true it is dire straits for TI.

^

Source please. This does not make much sense if true it is dire straits for TI.

Dear sir I went Indicom Hub to get my modem changed there i met a TATA INDICOM Eng and

askesd him to increase coverage in my area .He replied that my area is doing well so

we will be getting 3 such dismanteled towers from other places

Dear friends

TATA isdoing one very strange thing They are taking out already running CDMA Towers and placing them to

other cities This shows

1Ratan TATA is really more than 60 year old

2Thousands of customers of old tower will have to sell their handsets but who will purchase

3Now it ias sure TATA will not spend a single pie on CDMA

I agree 100% with you, especially the LAST point....

Now, TATA's EVDO coverage has reached 156 cities/towns.....

With this expansion TATA overtakes MTS in EVDO coverage. Just forget about RCOM which is way ahead in coverage.

http://www.tataphoton.com/tata-photon-prepaid.aspx (click availability tab)

Kudos to TATA for hitting past the milestone of 150.

It's better late than never.....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by kesav

:NOTriste: Still not at all an achievement, Kesav Ji... Tata has good EVDO coverage in Assam/NE/Orissa only, where as MTS has least coverage in those areas.. That is the main reason, Tata has overtook MTS in NUMBERS easily...

TATA has NOT EVEN A SINGLE CITY covered with EV-DO in MP+CG circle...

guys sorry for posting in this post but do you have idea about reliance's network coverage in MP and chhatisgarh, which i have heard is very poor.

:previous:

reliance CDMA 1x network in MP is very good.

guys sorry for posting in this post but do you have idea about reliance's network coverage in MP and chhatisgarh, which i have heard is very poor.

Dr.Vinay and many others can give good judgement of RCDMA's network in MP+CG circle... But he may NOT see this thread (TataCDMA)... Please post in RCom's thread to get immediate results...

Till about a year ago Tata was only 1x in Gwalior and Indore, but was rock steady.

@ Kesav ji...

That list is a complete JOKE... Till now they have NOT YET launched EV-DO in MADURAI... But showing some park, beach locations in their list....

Even Tata has became BIG FAT LIARS...

I do not see Madurai in the list.

@ Kesav ji...

That list is a complete JOKE... Till now they have NOT YET launched EV-DO in MADURAI... But showing some park, beach locations in their list....

Even Tata has became BIG FAT LIARS...

i do agree with kanagadeepan & ganesan. but i fail to understand as to why tata is not intersted in expanding evdo ,where it doesnt have 3g licences (like TN).

I've stopped dreaming on Tata's EVDO at our place. I know they'll not launch it here in near future. I wonder what kind of business they are in!

On the other hand, MTS being much younger in the field has started offering EVDO at our place.

Tata seems nowhere interested in CDMA anymore.

From strong sources, I have a confirmed news they are planning to launch Tata Indicom GSM as well!

I have also received news that TATA intends to use GSM for voice once they get spectrum in all circles.

There is also some news that TATA is wiling to give back 2.5 Mhz of CDMA spectrum in some circles for getting corresponding spectrum in GSM band.

It seems finally they will use GSM for voice and CDMA for DATA primarily.

Same could also be true for RCOM but cannot be sure.

In any case very little new investment from TATA to CDMA.

From strong sources, I have a confirmed news they are planning to launch Tata Indicom GSM as well!

You mean other than Tata Docomo?

We are moving a bit OT into services other than EVDO.

I must add that I find Tata EVDO excellent. Typical data rates in excess of 1.5Mbps, stable connection, etc.

I think a move to GSM is on the cards. They have DoCoMo which is considered by many as the world leader in 3G. Despite the loss of customers in droves they are still not permitting non-Tata Smartphones (no MEID registration). So all the signs are the same.

Despite all problems with Reliance we still find their network excellent, and due to 850MHz their signal penetrates into many buildings where the 1800/1900 MHz does not! It may be worthwhile to get the no. of new subscribers every month, in addition to the port-outs!

Edited by sgiitk

Tata seems nowhere interested in CDMA anymore.

You are absoloute right for TATA CDMA is dead for last 4 years.In UP they have not erected a single

tower for last 4 years and large area remains uncovered .They are just befooling customers.Even DOCOMO is not expanding although doing

well. If they launch their own GSM it will be a great mistake