Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
M.S.Rao

Reliance Communications Introduces User Generated Caller Tune Service For Reliance CDMA & GSM

Reliance Communications today introduced user generated caller tune service for its subscribers in pan india basis the similar service was first introduced by MTNL in Mumbai circle 2 years back.

This exclusive service allows customers to record any content via ‘Tune Maker’ platform and set it as their own caller tune.

Subscribers can also post their creations through which other customers can set it as their caller tunes.

The facility is available Online on Web and also through an IVR interface.Web Users just need to log on to www.rworld.co.in to modify, edit and add your own spin to your caller tune.Through IVR, Customers can activate the service by calling 56694400 and select the option to create caller tune.

One can record a song/dialogue/joke etc for 30 seconds and submit. Post submission, the content recorded will be set as their special callertune. Tune charges are Rs. 5/ month.

CRBT Subscription is one time charge of Rs. 30. Tune Renewal Charges will be Rs.5/tune per month.RCOM will offer this service across all its CDMA, GSM and 3G networks.

so finally i have uploaded one tune of mine and its in process :D

One thing is conditional: Size of your tune should not exceed 300KB and length maximum allowed is 30 Seconds.

Also Format Only Wav is allowed.

So here i was stuck becoz wav file size is more of same mp3 file when you convert it :)

I used mp3 cutter for editing and saved the file in mp3 format and then simply renamed it with new extension of .wav and uploaded :)

Lets c now wot happens now....

Already tune is uploaded and also i played it online for checking and it got played :)

This is good feature and long overdue.

BTW Vikas bhai I do not think simply renaming .mp3 to .wav will work, you need to use a format converter.

did it worked

so finally i have uploaded one tune of mine and its in process :D

One thing is conditional: Size of your tune should not exceed 300KB and length maximum allowed is 30 Seconds.

Also Format Only Wav is allowed.

So here i was stuck becoz wav file size is more of same mp3 file when you convert it :)

I used mp3 cutter for editing and saved the file in mp3 format and then simply renamed it with new extension of .wav and uploaded :)

Lets c now wot happens now....

Already tune is uploaded and also i played it online for checking and it got played :)

Hmmmm.... Guessing the possibilities...

One can set "The customer you are calling is currently NOT REACHABLE" or "Please check the number and TRY AGAIN" or "Dial Code does NOT exists", if he has got soo many loans from others... :rofl_200:

Another use is "PLEASE CALL ME ON MY NEW NUMBER xxxxxaaaaa, as I stopped using RGsm due to BAD voice clarity" to use the CRBT to inform the CHANGE OF NUMBER to the callers... (MNP may come or may NOT come, GOD only knows... But this method will be fool-proof, imho..)

• Like 2

^^^

lotpotkr8.giflotpotkr8.giflotpotkr8.giflotpotkr8.giflotpotkr8.gif

Wah Wah Kanaga Bhai.....Great Ideas..... Lol. :P

+1....hamein hasaane ke liye. :)

The tune has to be .wav, 30 seconds or less, 300kb or less. Few free softwares which help:

1. http://mp3cut.net/ - just upload the main .mp3 file here and trim to required 30 seconds.

2. audacity.sourceforge.net - download and install this, then open the trimmed .mp3 file from step 1. Go to Edit > Preferences and lower bit rate. Then try different combinations and go to File > Export as WAV till the time you get required quality with file size of 300KB.

Has anyone been able to successfully use this? I uploaded custom caller tune but on website it still shows in process, custom tunes are supposed to be moderated and activated in 72 hours but mine is 5 days now. CC do not know anything they suggest using 51234 and selecting tune ID, how can someone select tune ID if it is user generated.

Help please. Vikas/anyone else have you been able to use this successfully?

Complained to nodal officer, appellate authority and anil ambani via E-Mail today. The SR raised was closed by them without issue being resolved and the CCE had the audacity to disconnect the call.