Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ashoksoft

Can We Go Any Cheaper?

In the price war that we've been seeing around here ... I guess videocon is taking the deep plunge (similar to the One Plan that my company has launched in the UK (three.co.uk))...

I've just taken a prepaid number, where a recharge of Rs. 395/- offers 3000 LOCAL calling minutes and Rs. 50/- usage time.

add a 17Rs. Recharge - you get STD calls at 25ps/Min!!!

That is practically unlimited calling local and tough to complete STD calls... along with free call conferencing (getting ideas ??)

Internet speeds are bearably good :)

Jot your thoughts!

cheers

karki

• Like 1

Takes cheap to a new level. BTW three are always trendsetters, it is the way Hutchinson works.

True buddy ... we've been trend setters in every country of our operation :) and of late even in the UK :)

PS : Something tells me ... videocon is gonna play a similar game here :)

Ashok bhai, dont forget that Videocon runs the risk of getting its licence cancelled and the 4.4 Mhz spectrum alloted taken back by DOT for failing to meet the network roll out conditions. May be they are frantically trying to add more subscribers by offering dirt cheap tariffs so as to avoid the hook.

Anyway, good for us - users ;)

True buddy ... we've been trend setters in every country of our operation :) and of late even in the UK :)

PS : Something tells me ... videocon is gonna play a similar game here :)

They offered free calls on Skype on their network, others would never as it would reduce revenue, but by having tieup with Skype three actually sold more network locked phones so Skype and three profited. Some management guy once told me that is how Hutchinson works, see Orange and Vodafone, they started it, built big brand, sold it for profit, built new brand.

Not sure about Videocon, they have their presence in mobile network plus service which is advantageous, but they need pan India footprint and aggressive tactics like MDA RIM did.