Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sgiitk

Moving Data Out of a Blackberry

When I moved from my Nokia6275 to BB 8330 using outlook express moving data into the BB was no sweat.

Following the AKay/MEID flap I decided that I need to get my 6275 operational again. There seems to be n decent way of moving data out of BB to another format.

I can read the IPD file using Amber. I can export a .csv file using Magicberry. The file can be opened in Outlook, but Nokia will not accept it.

My son moved from a htc Hero to an Epic 4 in a jiffy, using his Google Mail backup.

Any way out of my dilemma. I ended up using a backup from 6 months ago of my wife's Nokia 5230 and then editing manually.

Sir from bb you can move your data to outlook and then nokia pc suit gets it from there it also gets csv.

@Genius: I wish life was that easy. Using Magicberry I was able to generate the .csv, import it into Excel and see it. But Nokia refused this .csv file. So I am afraid .csv from a BB is not Kosher.Looks like too many fields.

sir the best option will be to install blackberry desktop manager and synchronize your data with MS outlook, then use Nokia PC suit to synchronize outlook with outlook, let me know you want step wise to be written down, as if you have your data in outlook it would be best.

@Genius: I wish life was that easy. Using Magicberry I was able to generate the .csv, import it into Excel and see it. But Nokia refused this .csv file. So I am afraid .csv from a BB is not Kosher.Looks like too many fields.

Life is in fact that easy with Blackberry and Nokia. No need of CSV, Excel, Import, Export. :)

Just install Blackberry Desktop Manager and Nokia PC Suite. Sync Blackberry with outlook (Desktop Manager) and then Sync Nokia with outlook (PC Suite). I have been doing it for last one year. I need to update 2 of my phones (Blackberry 9700 and Nokia) with same contacts.

I will try again. No luck in earlier trial. I have both Desktop Manager and PC Suite installed. Only I do not have my 6275 in my pocket at the moment.

Life is in fact that easy with Blackberry and Nokia. No need of CSV, Excel, Import, Export. :)

Just install Blackberry Desktop Manager and Nokia PC Suite. Sync Blackberry with outlook (Desktop Manager) and then Sync Nokia with outlook (PC Suite). I have been doing it for last one year. I need to update 2 of my phones (Blackberry 9700 and Nokia) with same contacts.

I feel you have not tried Cloud syncing like Google sync......no cables, no PC suits, no stupid conflict resolution...I am using it for my Android phone and BB and it works in background, all my contact info are updated in both the phones...:)

Found a open source software package funambol which converts almost anything to anything. have downloaded it, and will try it out.

Edited by sgiitk

funambol is free to try.. i had tried once but did not serve my prupose as. i think i tried with my TOuch Pro and Mdaemon mail server.

as regards to data, you need to install BB desktop manager, sync BB and then install nokia PC suite and sync nokia.

suggestion: try to do it on different PC as you may have messed up with settings.. otheriwse, if BB syncs with outlook, then no prob to sync with nokia..

Edited by csmart

et me repeat. I had no problem in creating a .csv file. I could open in in Excel. When I tried to load it to Nokia it refused, even counted the number of entries correctly. When I looked at the two file I found the Blackberry file had far more records per line. I guess I could edit out some columns are then should be able to transfer.

funambol being Open Source is free not only to try but also to use. Having recently installed Linux (Ubuntu) is dual boot I am slowly getting to understand Open Source. I guess more than 99% of the stuff in Linux is free.

Edited by sgiitk