Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
manivannan

Linux Driver For Prolific 2303

Hi Dacodecz,

I configured the (KPPP) modem dialer in Knoppix and tried to connect. The modem responds to the dial command (ATDT#777) by saying "CONNECT". But nothing happens after that. The connecting window keeps saying "Logging on to network". I tried all types of Authentication options. Though I have added the pppd option noauth KPPP forces us to choose some Authentication option. The choices are PAP, CHAP, Script based, Terminal Based and PAP/CHAP. I have tried all of them. Nothing works.

I have attached the snapshots of the connecting window and the log window as images (connecting.jpg and log.jpg respectively).

please see if you can help.

mani

P.S.: I am running knoppix26 (linux kernel 2.6.9).

post-2493-1107948407_thumb.jpg

post-2493-1107948427_thumb.jpg

But the final installation step failed (make install) saying that mkinitrd failed. The error message from mkinitrd was: "All of your loopback devices are in use".

26324[/snapback]

Dear manivannan,

Sorry for the late reply, I was stuck with the reliance billing **** :-(, anyway everything resolved now, so I am back again :-).

Okiez from you your message regarding mkinitrd failure, it seems that you didnt compiled the loop block device support inside the kernel, or you choose it as a module and didnt load it before starting your kernel recompilation adventure.

please check that

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y

But if you selcted as

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=m

then please do modprobe loop before starting your kernel compilation, then do the kernel compilation as you did before.

I hope this will solve your problem, if all fails then please post your kernel config file as I told you before, and tell me what mkinitrd version you are using, just do rpm -q mkinitrd, and post the results.

Cheers .................

I configured the (KPPP) modem dialer in Knoppix and tried to connect. The modem responds to the dial command (ATDT#777) by saying "CONNECT". But nothing happens after that. The connecting window keeps saying "Logging on to network".

26335[/snapback]

Dear manivannan,

Ok please choose only pap authentication only, because rconnect only use that, I assume you have entered your username and password correctly.

Well can you post your /var/log/message just after trying to connect, anything that says regarding pppd would be usefull.

BTW in the account tab there wud be an option saying customised pppd arguments, please enter these options and reconnect. Ok I am attaching the screenshot of my options tab of kppp, hope it will help you to, resolve your problem.

If all fails then please post your /var/log/pppmsg.log and .kde/share/config/kppprc

please include something like this from your /var/log/messages

Feb 11 12:15:07 dacodecz pppd[25072]: pppd 2.4.2 started by root, uid 0

Feb 11 12:15:07 dacodecz netplugd[2826]: ppp0: ignoring event

Feb 11 12:15:07 dacodecz pppd[25072]: Using interface ppp0

Feb 11 12:15:07 dacodecz pppd[25072]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyUSB0

Feb 11 12:15:10 dacodecz pppd[25072]: PAP authentication succeeded

Feb 11 12:15:10 dacodecz pppd[25072]: MPPC compression enabled

Feb 11 12:15:11 dacodecz netplugd[2826]: ppp0: ignoring event

Feb 11 12:15:11 dacodecz netplugd[2826]: ppp0: ignoring event

Feb 11 12:15:11 dacodecz pppd[25072]: local IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Feb 11 12:15:11 dacodecz pppd[25072]: remote IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

and something like this from your /var/log/pppmsg.log

using channel 2

Using interface ppp0

Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyUSB0

sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <mru 1460> <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0xc651aebc> <pcomp> <accomp>]

rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <mru 1514> <asyncmap 0x0> <auth pap> <magic 0x1b28d76f> <pcomp> <accomp>]

sent [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 <mru 1514> <asyncmap 0x0> <auth pap> <magic 0x1b28d76f> <pcomp> <accomp>]

rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x1 <mru 1460> <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0xc651aebc> <pcomp> <accomp>]

sent [PAP AuthReq id=0x1 user="<hidden>" password=<hidden>]

rcvd [PAP AuthAck id=0x1 ""]

PAP authentication succeeded

sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x1 <mppe -H -M -S -L -D +C> <deflate 15> <deflate(old#) 15> <bsd v1 15>]

sent [iPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <addr 0.0.0.0>]

rcvd [iPCP ConfReq id=0x2 <compress VJ 0f 00> <addr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>]

sent [iPCP ConfRej id=0x2 <compress VJ 0f 00>]

rcvd [CCP ConfRej id=0x1 <deflate 15> <deflate(old#) 15> <bsd v1 15>]

sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x2 <mppe -H -M -S -L -D +C>]

rcvd [CCP ConfReq id=0x3 <mppe -H -M -S -L -D +C>]

sent [CCP ConfAck id=0x3 <mppe -H -M -S -L -D +C>]

rcvd [iPCP ConfNak id=0x1 <addr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>]

sent [iPCP ConfReq id=0x2 <addr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>]

rcvd [iPCP ConfReq id=0x4 <addr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>]

sent [iPCP ConfAck id=0x4 <addr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>]

rcvd [CCP ConfAck id=0x2 <mppe -H -M -S -L -D +C>]

MPPC compression enabled

rcvd [iPCP ConfAck id=0x2 <addr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>]

local IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

remote IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Script /etc/ppp/ip-up started (pid 25092)

Script /etc/ppp/ip-up finished (pid 25092), status = 0x0

rcvd [Compressed data] 60 00 00 21 45 00 01 96 ...

sent [CCP ResetReq id=0x3]

Cheers ................

post-2514-1108105136_thumb.pngpost-2514-1108105251_thumb.pngpost-2514-1108105318_thumb.pngpost-2514-1108105382_thumb.png

Hi Raghu and Dacodecz,

I recompiled the kernel again with the loopback device option selected (as 'y') and ran the pppd script given by Dacodecz. I got connected successfully!! Thanks a lot to both of you!!

But I got an error while booting off the new kernel. Somethine like "char-major-xxxx" can not be found. I went a bit too experimental and tried to fix it. Recompiled the kernel with many options (mainly under Character devices) selected (as built-in modules) and tried to boot. Got a kernel panic. Anyway, my RConnect problem has been fixed and I guess we can take this linux problem to some linux forum rather than add a lot of irrelevant information (in short - junk?) to Rimweb.

Thanks again.

mani