Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
aalok

Please suggest Android CDMA Handset

Dear Friends & Gurus

Please suggest me an Android handset with not less than 1 GHz processor, but over & above, the requirement is of "Call Conferencing"

i'm using Reliance Postpaid with Call Conferencing activated from the backend. I use this feature currently on my HTC P3000, earlier on HTC Mogul & Nokia 6275. However, conferencing doesn't work for me in Blackberry Storm 9530, so had to shift back to P3000.

Please help me in chosing one..

Thanks.. :)

I would suggest you to go for HTC Incredible.I didn't liked the size of epic and fascinate.It's too big..

I am using Incredible with Call Conference Service on my reliance postpaid No. without any issues.

Edited by m.khurana

Samsung and Fascinate Dialer dont allow Call Conferencing

Fascinate is Litest amount EPIC and Incredible and have double Battery life compared to Incredible

Thanks a lot for the responses friends.. :) will go with Incredible, though wanted to go for Epic or Fascinate but somehow, these handsets couldn't fulfill the requirements.. :) thanks a ton.. :signthankspin:

Samsung and Fascinate Dialer dont allow Call Conferencing

:NO:

Samsung Fascinate dialer does allow Call Conferencing. I'm using it every day. It's very simple. While on the first call, just dial the second number (either by putting in the number through the dial pad or by searching from contact list), the first call will go on hold automatically and while the second call will be initiated, the 'add call' button will change into conference call icon. When the second person replies, just by tapping that button, the conference call takes place.

But there is obviously a problem with Fascinate. This process doesn't work while on roaming. Earlier on hTc Touch I needed to dial '3' before adding the second call while roaming. But adding a '3' doesn't help on Fascinate. Can anybody throw some light on this? How to do a conference call while roaming on Samsung Fascinate? I was going to ask gurus on this.

Edited by sougatadc

have been playing around with Incredible for 15 days or so.. till date am not able to do call conferencing :(

Dial the first number, than Dial the second number, once speaking to the second person, press 3 and the call key again...

Call key doesn't appear anywhere..

am on Stock 2.2, Rooted with S-Off,

Baseband 2.15.00.07.28,

I think this is a ROM issue, though, this option was also not there in Cyanogen(mod) 6.1

Also, market not working on the device. have read that there is some problem in android market on rooted device.

:previous:

wat i have done in my incredible is saved no. "3" to phonebook.. after 2nd call gets connected.. select it from phonebook (as it is just a no. it would be on the top in phonebook, so its easy 2 locate also).. and u get option to call press dat.. and conference call is connected...

hope this helps u as i'm doing call conference by this method..

Edited by amit.shah
  • Like 2

:previous: thanks for the quick help mate.. will check & report asap as right now am fiddling with skyraider sense on incredible.. :)

:previous:

wat i have done in my incredible is saved no. "3" to phonebook.. after 2nd call gets connected.. select it from phonebook (as it is just a no. it would be on the top in phonebook, so its easy 2 locate also).. and u get option to call press dat.. and conference call is connected...

hope this helps u as i'm doing call conference by this method..

tried it with stock froyo.. worked perfectly.. +1 to you mate.. million thanks to you & all the friends who helped me out in choosing my first android device.. :signthankspin:

Please provide step by step guide to do call conferencing in incredible. Have tried everything, but still am not able to do call conferencing. Am on stock froyo.

Thanks in advance

Manuj Gupta

Edited by manujgupta

save a contact in such a way that it always be on top of list (by using any special charecter or something), in my case, its 3 - Conf and save dialing no. as 3..

Steps for conferencing

1 - Place a call, either by dialing a no. or taking from phone book..

2 - Place another call, by any menthod.. (first person will go on hold)

3 - access phonebook & dial the saved Conference No., which is 3

I use Go Contacts & Go Dialer, as default phonebook & call application.. if you're using the same, make sure to uncheck the "Call Confirm" option. path for this option is Phone > Menu > Settings > Dial Settings

hope this helps.. :)

save a contact in such a way that it always be on top of list (by using any special charecter or something), in my case, its 3 - Conf and save dialing no. as 3..

Steps for conferencing

1 - Place a call, either by dialing a no. or taking from phone book..

2 - Place another call, by any menthod.. (first person will go on hold)

3 - access phonebook & dial the saved Conference No., which is 3

I use Go Contacts & Go Dialer, as default phonebook & call application.. if you're using the same, make sure to uncheck the "Call Confirm" option. path for this option is Phone > Menu > Settings > Dial Settings

hope this helps.. :)

But in Reliance webiste like the attached.post-54479-0-58650200-1307330502_thumb.j