Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
faizca

Indian Government Issues Termination Notice To Sistema Shyam Teleservices

(RTTNews) - The Indian government Tuesday issued a termination to Sistema Shyam Teleservices or SSTL to terminate licences for Kerala, West Bengal and Assam for the delay in network roll-out of services in these three circles, reports said, quoting a senior Department of Communications or DoT official.

The company launched its services in these states way back in 2009 and as of now, they have over one.

Confirming the receipt of termination notice, SSTL spokesperson said the company would be replying to the DoT on this matter soon.

SSTL offers CDMA voice and data services in 18 telecom service areas and have a total 10 million subscribers.

source:http://www.rttnews.com/Content/IndianNews.aspx?Id=1592002&SM=1

It's not a Final Termination Notice... It is 60 day Returnable Notice asking "Why the license should not be terminated..." for default in roll out obligation...

DOT is issuing such notices to many Telcos because TRAI has recommended cancellation for non roll out... So DOT has to be seen complying with that...Atleast with the letter if not intention...

Finally Telcos will file convincing replies with difficulties in roll out, so many existing subscribers and offer of a FINE which DOT will happilly accept...

All izz Going To Be Well in the end... Because.... Ye Mera India... I Love My India...

Finally Telcos will file convincing replies with difficulties in roll out, so many existing subscribers and offer of a FINE which DOT will happilly accept...

Do want so, because I got Unitech shares :(

Edited by digitalnirvana

Nothing will happen. Take it from me, nothing will happen. No license will be terminated. The "Why your license will not be terminated.." type question is technically called Show Cause Notice (an SCN) which is mandatory for ensuring Natural Justice. A judicial body having power to adjudicate ought to provide ample scope to the respondent to defend himself. But the unique feature of Indian judiciary is that when a huge amount is involved, the justice is denied.

Here also, the regulatory authority will be 'satisfied' with the replies from the defaulter lilcensees to the SCNs issued to them. Just see. :grin:

:previous:

exactly, yeh hain India, meri jaan, sub chalta hain yahan....

......because I got Unitech shares :(

Oh yes, Dipan, go for buying more shares of Unitech if notice is served on them when price of the shares fall. Don't you remember momentary fall of LIC share price in view of Housing Loan Scam of Sharma and sky-rocketing after that?