Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
city02

Tax Efiling Sites

Avoid this website like the plague - i had the misfortune of using them and their incompetence caused avoidable delays in efiling my returns and cost me thousands in penalties [about 10 times the fee for online filing!]

post-594-0-54398600-1313664304_thumb.jpg

1. don't try to pay in the last week of july

since their server gets overloaded and 'loses' the link to the payment gateway.

after i entered and verified my SCB card details, the redirect back to the taxSpanner site never completed [the site froze up with a blank page in the browser after password verification by visa].

despite getting an sms alert for the transaction on my visa card from the bank, the merchant could not find any 'proof' of payment and did not credit my account.

after calling the bank multiple times, i found out that the merchant had never claimed the payment!

SCB even gave me an 'auth code' that i emailed but the site still could not locate the transaction.

fortunately all unclaimed amounts are reversed by the bank after 10 working days [about 2 calendar weeks] but shockingly there is absolutely NOTHING you can do other than wait!

post-594-0-65559500-1313664329_thumb.jpg

2. no phone support

only email replies after a week's lag which is highly unprofessional for any site let alone a paid service

there are delhi and bangalore numbers for 'official' purposes which means no customer complaints and they don't pick up the phones either.taxspanner.com

3. data errors

believe it or not, my address was CHANGED from mumbai to bangalore and also my father's name!

i have NEVER seen this problem with any other site let alone a tax / efiling one.

after you enter and reconfirm all your personal data, its e-filed and when you open the ITR-V the details have 'magically' changed to the bangalore address and father's name to 'P.DAMODARAN'

this hapened twice over a period of 2 weeks so its not a freak / one time error or bug.

4. poor user interface

there are too many problems in the site to be listed here but some that caused me major problems were the:

• TDS data entry screen which arbitrarily limits you to only 6 rows and if you need a 7th, you have to re-enter ALL your bank, branch, TAN details again as a new TDS form!
    why not just a another row with the click of a button since the bank is the same?
  • home loans page which asks you to name / title your particular property and then keeps calling it 'untitled property' after that screen!
    why bother naming it then?
  • upload of form 16 and then ask to retype ALL the data in it.
    either don't upload the form, or if you must then COPY all the data from the PDF to the web form as default which would save a lot of time and errors.
    it defeats the point of having a softcopy!
  • it takes half a dozen clicks to get from 'other interest income' page to the TDS page which is where most bank interest would go and this should have been a single click.

here is a copy of my many emails to those guys:

"are you people insane?

THIS IS THE 2ND TIME I HAVE CONFIRMED ALL MY DATA AND YET IT IS CHANGED IN MY ITR-V! WHY THE FUDGE ARE YOU CHANGING MY FATHER'S NAME AND CONTACT ADDRESS TO BANGALORE FROM MUMBAI?

WHO THE HECK IS 'P.DAMODARAN'?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

I HAVE LOST THOUSANDS IN LATE FEES AND PENALTIES DUE TO NO FAULT OF MY OWN.

WHO WILL REIMBURSE THESE LOSSES?

YOUR FATHER?

OR MR. P.DAMODARAN?

regards,"

That's shocking indeed. My experience with taxsmile has been good though.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Horrible.....to say the least.

How can personal data get changed after confirmation? strange.

@tanveer the site mentioned is taxspanner.com

I know. Since we have another thread about efiling and efiling sites, I shared my experience with another site.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk