Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sam007

Software Upgrades For LG 6000 / 6130

Hi I have upgraded my LG 6130 Software recently.... no new feature except group SMS is added. Basically you can create 5 Different Groups with 10 Names/Numbers in Each group. You can Send messages to the Group after typing the SMS and selecting Option 5(Group SMS) in the send SMS Menu. From there you can View/Select the Group and the Message is sent to all group members. saves time in selecting members...really kool... but no other feature. Also NOte Group SMS is different from Phone Book Groups.

Hey can anyone please tell me how to turn Off the Start and Close sound that the LG6130 plays when you turn on or off the phone? It is really annyoing

Any such experience with LG 6000.

Hey can anyone please tell me how to turn Off the Start and Close sound that the LG6130 plays when you turn on or off the phone? It is really annyoing

31014[/snapback]

Not really discovered that. Only way is to put ur phone on SILENT before switching off ! :confuse: works then only!

Which is the Version on ur phone dude? I am told that version 18 has come up. Any idea?

is there a way we can POST those version upgrade files online, so that ppl with data cable can save thier Day with long queues at ASC.??
Wish that was possible. But it aint as yet. The fact of the matter is that the ASC guys dl the S/w upgrades from their own consoles from one of the LG Websites. If we can make some LG ASC dude to send us a copy of it, then nothing like it :grin:

My Software Version is 15 Chirag and I got it upraded on 30t April in Kolkata. You cant send Group MMS in the New Version( As in Old). The Batterry lige is still the same. Also not all ringtones downloaded can be attached as MMS. I have strange problem though my Profile shows 42 ringotnes, when I compose a MMS few of them are not there... Strange huh... any help.. also these Guys at webWorld do not stock USB 6130Cables....my god... Hey anywone has any idea from which WAP sites is it possible to download ringtones... though lot of sites are there none seem to work

No td, you CAN send group sms with ver 15. I have it and am using this feature. But you have to create sms groups first (Press Menu+2+8 to reach sms groups menu)

You cannot use the groups directly from your address book.

Yeah there is nothing direct called Group MMS similar to Group SMS in the new Version. But like the earlier SMS, we can send a MMS to 10 different nos/email ids at one go! I am sure u r aware of it :)

The best i like abt these phones is that u can select the Last Number msgd and keep sending it again n again. The same is the case for Last Email Ids sent to. Good Feature!

Yes Chirag the Last Number sending is great feature.

However I would like the following Upgarded in the new version of the Sofwtare:

SMS alert without tone( Not even light) or custom SMS tone.

Able to delete all unwanted default Ringtones and replacing with the ones I like.

Hey any one has any Idea what is the format of Video on R-World or on LG 6130?

I am sure then one can download Video through MMS Portal

Also my Inbox in the Reliance MMS portal shows MMS received through MMS Tool but strangely I have not received them on my mobile. Any Suggestions?

I do not Understand why does not Reliance have Uniform R-World for all mobile phones.

The Menu varies across handsets. In LG 6130 there is no option of MMS in the Messaging Menu in R World.

Hence most of the problem.. and it becomes difficult to make the guys at CC understand that MMS is not available in R World in 6130.

Those nerds keep on insistine to check/ reset R Menu/R world. Only when you speak to supervisior does it help.

I had Samsung 191 previously over there in Tools/Phonebook there was option of downloading through SIM which is not available in 6130.

Also when will Reliance launch NEW CDMA Handsets? 6130 is almost 6 months old. In GSM new Handsets are launched almost every week.

Tata Indicom has LG5235( Brew enabled) phone for less then Rs5500

hi all

recently i had some prob wid my lg6130 gallery so i had to upgrade the software from as asc.after that whenever i make any outgoing calls it says "to resume service plz contact reliance cust care" i did so n even went to their head office

(Jaipur).The guy thr told me that thr was some network sync prob n it will take 48 hrs to recover.

Now i'd like to know 1)weather it has happened to any1 out thr after the software upgrade

2)has this prob occured to any1 at all.

3)is thr a prob wid my set which the ril ppl r ignoring.(though its the first time it has happened)

I'd appreciate your feed back..

bhanu

<POST MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Your A-key has got de registered. I suppose your incoming calls also you can recv but when u pick up the opp. person cant hear you. So they will re- register the new A- key code in their system. The netwwork chap will call you and ask you to dial *228 and on the screen you can see the message as "A-key programming in process" after 30 seconds switch on you cell and bang you on the network as before.

Pl. update us regd this as to what happens.

Thanks.

regards,

Mitul