Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Karthik R

Android Serves Up Its Ice Cream Sandwich

HTC has updated information on which devices are receiving Ice Cream Sandwich and when.

The HTC Rezound, HTC EVO 3D, HTC Rhyme and HTC Desire S will be updated by July. Other models such as the HTC ThunderBolt and HTC DROID Incredible 2 will be updated to Android 4.0 in the last days of August.

Interestingly HTC says that handsets with 512MB or less of RAM will not be getting updated which means no ICS goodness for the HTC ChaCha, HTC Salsa, HTC Wildfire S, HTC Explorer and others.

As planned, Sony is now rolling out its Android 4.0.4 ICS update for the Xperia Neo, Xperia Arc, Xperia Pro, Xperia Pro Mini, Xperia Mini, Xperia Active and Live with Walkman. This is a follow up to the ICS upgrade that it recently rolled out to the Xperia Ray, Xperia Arc S, and Xperia Neo V.

That’s 10 upgraded phones - that were released in 2011 - within a month. It’s a shame that other manufacturers aren’t following in Sony’s admirable footsteps.

updateq.jpg

Samsung India has finally started rolling out ICS update for Galaxy S II owners in the country. The update is available OTA as well as via Kies.

Got mine updated today morning! I'm loving it :wub:

Samsung India has finally started rolling out ICS update for Galaxy S II owners in the country. The update is available OTA as well as via Kies.

Got mine updated today morning! I'm loving it :wub:

I installed it yesterday. First time in my life, newer version of Kies worked flawlessly on my computer. No hiccups while updating. All data/settings/apps remained intact. :)

Some apps are not working with ICS.

Yep, few apps are still not compatible with the ICS. Future updates by the app developers should fix the issue.

Btw, Do you notice any significant reduction in the available RAM after applying the ICS update?

I did not check RAM even before update. I never felt i9100 is slow so didn't bother check available RAM since I bought it. Not even after update. :)

I am missing "Toggle Settings" which is not working in ICS. Any other app to replace it?

One of the better settings toggle alternative in the app market - Quick settings, does not support ICS devices.

Did you have a look in the revamped Settings menu where the toggle for wifi and bluetooth have been reorganized and is now conveniently positioned at the top? It seems to get the job done.

Yeah, they are much better placed now more convenient. But a single touch profile management app for ICS is needed.

S2 is showing marked improvement in battery life after updating to ICS sweetness :)

Google is releasing jelly bean in July or August, so every manufacturer has to update there device soon with ice cream, otherwise every one will be asking latest version...The pace of update is too slow in android..