Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
bhutoria_1989

Blackberry 8530 Issues

Hi Guys,

My Sprint Blackberry 8530 is now able to make and receive calls and sms on Reliance but I have some minor glitches that I would like to get resolved and some questions as well. They are:

1. After 3-4 Hrs a pop up is displayed with a Sim logo beside which my location i.e., Kolkata is displayed abd beneath there are 3 options Ok, Back & Cancel. Pressing any of these 3 options leads to complete reboot of the OS. It has happened 4-5 times yesterday. Now I have disabled GPS and will report more on that in the evening.

2. Whenever a caller calls the number is displayed instead of contact name even if it is saved in the directory. I found that the no. displayed is prefixed with a '0' and in the directory it is not and therefore it doesn't display the name. But if I edit the contact and prefix '0' then I am not able to send a message to any person. Only way to send SMS is by adding +91 before the contact.

3. A 10 Digit number is displayed in the Dialer screen as 'My Number' but it is not the number that I am using. Will it effect in any way if I edit it in MDN field after pressing ##SPC.

4. I am running Sprint OS and would like to install Reliance ROM from RIM website. Can this be done without hampering handset programming?

5. Lastly, 1X Data is also not working. Any tweaks to get it running?

Thanks,

Ankit

After disabling GPS for the whole day today there was no reboot of the device. But would like a permanent fix.

Also, other problems are still there so please help.

Thanks in Advance.

#1 - No Idea

#2 - I don't think that prefixing "0" with a contact number should bar the network from sending SMS. I have used so many Blackberries and I have "0" prefixed to all my contacts. I never faced problem in sending SMS.

#3 - Yes editing the MDN in ## SPC will solve ths problem, but be sure to note down your IMSI number (2nd line) appearing just below the MDN number (1st line) before editing the MDN. Be cautious to change only the MDN number and not IMSI number.

#4 - It will not make any difference in your handset programming even if you load the Reliance or Verizon or any other 8530 Device OS.

#5 - Check your PM for configuring 1x data on your Blackberry.

Thanks Tarun Ji.

#2 But by prefixing the contacts with '0' is not allowing me to send SMS it says permanent error 98, Message Id 235. But with +91 I am able to send SMS. Although doing this I am not able to see any caller name as all the incoming calls are coming prefixed with '0'. Its a peculiar situation.

#4 In Reliance website there is a tutorial to upgrade Blackberries wherein it is mentioned to unselect DOD Root certificates from Application Selection. Should I do this or just go ahead with the selection. Secondly, I have to delete Vendor.xml file from Apploader diretory, Right? Anything else that I need to be cautious about.

As no one suggested any measure my problems have aggravated. I had disabled GPS and now also Data but the device continues to Reboot itself by showing a pop up.

Right now it is in a continuous reboot cycle. Can Someone Please help it is getting unbearable. I have attached an image and a video. It is not of good quality but I hope at least someone understand what I am stating.

HAPPY DIWALI

post-75313-0-03396900-1319632727_thumb.j

Guys please help....

Also took it to BB Service centre, he wasn't able to understand the problem.

The pop ups are very frequent almost immediate after device reboots.

Any help is appreciated.

Looks that you have messed up something badly.

Though it may not help but you can try to do a complete wipe (using JLC or BBSAK) and fresh install of OS.

^ Tarun Ji, I did a complete wipe with BBSAK and did a fresh OS install a couple of times, but to no avail. Don't know what to do?

Dear

Just change your blackberry id in ##spc from 2004 to 14655, your sms sending problem will be solved (no more error 98)

• Like 1

^ Thanks Bro, Really it solved the problem. I am grateful. :hypocrite:

Update: After changing the BB Registration ID as suggested by Sunilj45 the phones's reboot problems has been solved as well. For the Past 1 week the phone has functioned flawlessly. Thanks to you guys. Hope it continues to work flawlessly..... :)

Hi.

i have blackberry curve 8530 and recently register the MEID.

device is working fine with reliance but there are two issued,i am facing

1, still it will display the verizon network in network selection

2. and one dialog box appear after sometime and there is 3 button OK, cancel and back when i click any of these buttons it will restart the device

- dialog box has simcard icon on left side

Please any suggestion.

Thanks

Rajesh

Your first problem is not an actual problem , its only shows as verizon and as it is 8530 no one can change it. for forget about it.

2nd problem can be solved by PRL or by BB ID.

#rajeshkparmar Just change your BB Id in SPC to 14655, this did the trick for me :)