Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cruiser

Connect Thru Crossover

Hey people,

I have the LSP 340E and I noticed that it has the same connector as that of a LAN RJ45/RS232C. Can i use a crossover to connect??

Thanks,

Cruiser

Why don't you try that out and paste a result for others... I don't have that phone but basically I feel the problems you'll face is that while loading the r connect software It may not sense ur LAN port for a dial-up port of internet... :rolleyes:

You can't connect via. a cross over cable simply because the RJ45 port on the FWP is actually a serial port (a.k.a "COM" port) while your LAN card has an "Ethernet" port.

They are completely different technologies...

1. the LAN port uses 2 twisted pairs, one for transmit and another for receive, the serial port uses 2 separate lines for TX and RX (not a pair).

2. Voltages are diffrent for both techs... so don't even try plugging your phone into your lan ! You could end up screwing up either 1 or both !

3. The signal encoding is different... LANs use what is known as "Manchester Encoding" (search Google :confuse: ) while serial ports use straight voltages to represent 1s and 0s ( + / - 12V I think)

4. The speeds are different by a factor of 10 - 100 ! LANs go from 10 Mbps to 100Mbps (typically) while your serial port can do about 150Kbps

Don't sweat it.... just go and pick up an FWP data cable from Bazee... now ebay.in... u get 'em there at under INR 50 !

Ciao,

CDMAn