Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Guide: Use Beer To Boost Your Wi-Fi Router!

You can still use pepsi cans :doh:

This post is banned in Gujarat. I will carry wifi router when in mumbai to check authenticity of the post.

Only first step is logical rest is written by third party as person who was experimenting could not go past first step.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Anyway for some technical information. Assuming the wavelength of the signal to be 'L' where L=c/F, with c being the speed of light (say in centimeters) and F is the frequency (2.4GHz for Wireless b/g/n), then the Parabolic reflector should be kept at either L/4, L/2 or L distance from the antenna for maximum reflectivity. L/4 in this case works out to slightly over 3cms (more accurately 3.122838104cms). I had been using this technique since 2008 for EvDO. If you did not get any hints from this post for other frequencies, you can read http://anand.tch.in/2008/09/improving-signal-strength-of-evdocdma.html.

Beery good thread Kamal bhai that you have posted in public interest.

Great idea, Will start on this as soon as I polish the beer off. How many cans you said, you require?

@ Mona ji / Honest ji / aalok

and all the members

There is a wonderful finding after doing multiple Step 1 its not necessary to follow rest of steps and the signal strength goes up drastically

lolzzzz doc.....!!!!!

sent from my AnDRoid6300 using tapatalk...