Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KanagaDeepan

Simplest One-Click (Well Almost) Root For Motorola Photon

AIO-Root (All In One Root) is the simplest root method I found on net (another one is doing the same process manually without using script/batch file) and I have tried this on my friend's Photon after reading all the 20+ pages (now 30) of user comments on the XDA and ACS forum... Mine was already rooted when I bought and so if there are any few questions, I can answer from what I remember, but can't try it now...

Source is also given below with video demo explaining the process... All the credits goes to the original contributors (who are soo selfish-less [edgan and shabbypenguin] that they allowed to use this in any-form even without giving any credit to them) and I am just posting (after testing) in our forum and hence I think, I DON'T deserve any +1 for this post... Please try and reply here if there are some issues and I may help you (not by testing this time)...

Step by Step process:-

0) Download and extract the zip file Photon-4G-OCR-2.0.zip to say "C:\Root" or any folder you like...

1) First install the req drivers on your PC either 32-bit 32bit driver.zip or 64-bit 64bit driver.zip

2) Restart your PC (This step if avoided has bought issues for few [NOT all] as I read from XDA posts)

3) Set "USB debugging" to ON Home-->Settings-->Applications-->Development-->USB debugging (Keep the check-box checked)

4) Connect Photon to PC using the microUSB original cable came with box and select "CHARGING ONLY" on phone-notification

5) Now run (double-click) the batch file "root.bat" from the "C:\Root" or the extracted folder in step-0

Screen will change colours after every step was executed, don't panic... All will be fine...

Follow the on-screen instructions and your photon may restart twice (as per the process) and finally will be rooted...

Upgrade the super-user by ChainsDD from AM (NOT a must)

Please reply if any doubts, I will help...

Source 1:- Click HERE ACS Forum

Source 2:- Click HERE XDA

Video Demonstration :- Click

• Like 2

What a co-incidence. I just posted a method to root droid pro/droid 2 /droid 2 global/droid x / droid x2 :)

Thank you! :)

It worked. Did not work the first time because i have a pattern lock on my device.

I ran the batch file the second time and this time I would unlock the device the moment it turned on and it worked. Checked with Root checker basic :)